Last Date: December 10, 2010
CARIBBEAN DEVELOPMENT BANK VACANCY
INVESTMENT OFFICER (PRIVATE SECTOR OPERATIONS)
The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified individual from its Members Countries to fill the position of Investment Officer (Private Sector Operations) to work in the Private Sector Development Division (PSDD) of Projects Department at its Headquarters in Barbados.
CDB is a multilateral Development Bank that collaborates with its Borrowing Member Countries to promote sustainable social and economic development, economic cooperation and regional integration.
• The position of Investment Officer (Private Sector Operations) (IO) is responsible for managing a portfolio of financial intermediaries, private sector loans and investments throughout the project cycle including project identification and sourcing, project appraisal and due diligence, negotiation, implementation and disbursement, monitoring and evaluation in line with CDB’s policies and procedures.
• He/she will be experienced in project financing including financing in small economies. The IO may also be called upon to undertake other duties including the development of policies and procedures for PSDD’s investment activities.
• Eligible candidates will have a first degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Economics or Business Administration and post graduate or equivalent professional qualification in any of the above disciplines.
• Candidates should be seasoned professionals with at least five (5) years experience in financial and economic appraisal of investment projects obtained through:
o The private sector of a major international development finance institution;
o A banking environment in which there is direct involvement in lending and supervisions of projects in the relevant sectors;
o A commercial environment compatible with the requirements of the role; OR
o A public sector agency directly engaged in lending and supervision of the relevant sectors.
• The successful candidate must be willing to live and work in Barbados.
An attractive compensation package commensurate with these responsibilities and which responds to market demands is being offered.
Applications should be completed online in English at the Bank’s career page. Click here for the full job description and to apply for this position.