NORWEGIAN REFUGEE COUNCIL SUDAN
Vacancy Announcement for 2 positions of:
JOB TITLE: Awareness Officer
PROJECT: Emergency, Food Security & Distribution (EFSD)
DUTY STATION: Alek or Wunrock (to be defined), Warrap
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a Norwegian NGO promoting and protecting the rights of people who have been forced to flee their homes due to war or conflict. We are seeking qualified and dedicated individuals to fill 2 vacant positions within the EFSD Program in Southern Sudan. The candidates should be willing and able to travel to the areas where NRC Sudan works.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist the Awareness Supervisor in awareness activity planning, coordination and execution
· Assess and identify areas, communities and beneficiaries who will benefit from awareness activities
· Mobilize communities in activity designing and implementation following a participatory approach
· Implement awareness campaign and training sessions for beneficiaries, including preparation of training content and material and carrying out logistical arrangements
· Liaise and maintain excellent working relationships with the finance, admin and logistics teams
· Participate in internal weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings
· Provide accurate and update data on field activities
Qualifications and Experience Required:
· Relevant experience working with a NGO in a similar position
· Experience in running awareness activities related to DRR (Disaster Risk Reduction), Diet Diversification, Nutrition, Maternal and Child Health, Environmental Protection, HIV-AIDS and GBV.
· Good educational background in a relevant field, such as community development, social development, public health, nutrition and/or environmental protection
· Fluency in both spoken and written English and in Arabic and a Southern Sudanese language
· High-level competency in computer skills (common Microsoft Windows and Office applications)
· Proven skills and experience in report writing
· A valid driving motorcycle licence and national Sudanese identity document are required
Duty station and living conditions
· The duty station is Alek or Wunrock (to be defined), Warrap State. Duties will include travel inside Southern Sudan (NBeG and Warrap).
· As the position is for a Sudanese national the employee will be responsible for finding his or her own accommodation.
· The applicant must provide a detailed CV as well as an application letter with an explanation as to why you would like to work for NRC, and why you believe you are the best candidate for the role
· DO NOT SUBMIT CERTIFICATES (neither originals nor copies)! Submitted application documents will not be returned
· Applications must be submitted by close of business on Friday, January 28, 2011 to any NRC offices in Aweil, Juba or Yei, in an envelope clearly marked ‘Application: NRC Awareness Officer Warrap’ or alternatively by email to email@example.com with ‘Application: NRC Awareness Officer Warrap’ stated in the subject line
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, preferably by e-mail, or by phone if necessary
· THIS POSITION IS ONLY OPEN FOR SUDANESE NATIONALS
· Females are encouraged to apply