ABA ROLI is seeking a Curriculum Development Advisor for its Continuing Legal Education and Legal Education-focused Program in Egypt. The Curriculum Development Advisor will be based in Cairo, Egypt with some travel inside Egypt. Pilot curriculum reform activities will focus on introducing interactive teaching methods by law school professors and on developing a pilot curriculum that emphasizes critical thinking and practical lawyering skills. The CD Advisor will work under the supervision of the ABA ROLI country director.
The Curriculum Development Advisor’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Maintenance of partnerships with local universities and law schools
• Development of new curricula to emphasize critical thinking and practical skills
• Training of local faculty on modern teaching methods
• Consultation with local universities on incorporation of curricular changes and relevant roll out plans
Ideal candidates will have:
• 10 years professional experience including 5 years in the legal education field
• Familiarity with modern adult learning methods and curriculum development;
• Experience with training other instructors;
• Project management and organizational skills;
• Experience working on US government-funded programs and Arabic language skills a plus.
Application: please visit http://new.abanet.org/hr/default.aspx to apply. All applicants for regular full-time employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require employer sponsorship.
Are you LinkedIn? Join our group for updates, job openings, and news.
Are you signed up for our Opportunities Newsletter? Visit our website and sign up to receive monthly updates on jobs openings at ROLI.