• Senior level management and leadership experience in a research university or comparably complex organization.
• Demonstrated commitment to research and scholarship.
• Ability to articulate and develop the roles of a top-rated, multi-disciplinary school of public affairs.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in attracting and retaining talented professionals.
• Ability to ensure the long-term financial viability of the school, including success in generating external funding.
• Ability to mentor and work with students.
Applications and nominations will be reviewed beginning January 14th, 2011, but will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications and nominations should be sent to: Chair of the Search Committee, Humphrey School Dean Search, c/o Jon Binks, Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost, 234 Morrill Hall, 100 Church Street SE, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55414, email: email@example.com, or fax: 612-624-3814. For further information: www.hhh.umn.edu.
The University of Minnesota shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.