Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries, founded in 1975. Its mission is to promote economic integration in all fields of economic activity, particularly industry, transport, telecommunications, energy, agriculture, natural resources, commerce, monetary and financial questions as well as social and cultural matters.
In January 2007, The Secretariat of ECOWAS, headquartered in Abuja, was transformed into a Commission to be headed by a President, assisted by a Vice President and seven Commissioners, with twenty-seven Directorates to be led by Directors, implementing programmes aligned with the organization’s objectives.
As part of this renewal process, ECOWAS is currently engaged in the implementation of a series of critical and strategic programmes, for which it wishes to recruit qualified and capable nationals of ECOWAS member-states into the following Director positions.
• Director of Agriculture and Rural Development (D1)
• Director, Community Computer Centre (D1)
• Director of Communications (D1)
• Director of Customs (D1)
• Director, Early Warning (D1)
• Director of Legal (D1)
• Director of Peacekeeping and Regional Security (D1)
• Director of Trade (D1)
• Director of Water Resources Coordination Unit (D1)
• Director of Youth and Sport (D1)
The selection criteria for the positions are:
• Minimum of an Advanced University Degree (Masters or equivalent) in area of work
• At least 12 years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience of
which 6 years must be at an international organization
• At least 5 years of experience supervising others
Generic Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Abilities)
• Good communications and interpersonal
• Team management, drive and energy
• Organization skills; effective prioritizing and delegating ability
Detailed job descriptions for the above positions as well as other available vacancies that may be of interest can be found at: www.ecowas.int (click on Job Opportunities).
ECOWAS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from female candidates.
Closing date: 7th March 2011
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS AND ADMINISTRATION - DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS AND ADMINISTRATION Deadline: 1 July 2013 Location: Kampala, Uganda Duration of contract: One year, renewable BACKGROUND The East and Hor...
13 hours ago