VACANCY REF: TVA-NL-OTR-HRS-G5-321
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 3 February 2011
ISSUANCE DATE: 4 January 2011
LOCATION: Leidschendam, The Netherlands
DIVISION/SECTION: Registry/Human Resources Section
TITLE: Human Resources Assistant
Depending on professional background, experience and family situation, a competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered. The successful applicant will be offered a Temporary appointment until 31 December 2011 limited to the Special Tribunal for Lebanon (STL). Any subsequent extension(s) are subject to terms of the Tribunal’s mandate and/or the availability of the funds. The Special Tribunal for Lebanon is an international inter-governmental organization with its own independent legal identity and not a UN organization. However, STL follows the UN common system for benefits and entitlements to its staff members. UN staff members may also serve on loan from their parent department/office, if selected. Appointment against this post is on a local basis.
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Officer, the incumbent is responsible for the following functions: Maintain appropriate contact with applicants/candidates, references and other third parties (educational institutions, current and previous employers, etc.) in order to ensure timely completion of pre-employment checks. Prepare and update pre-employment files/records (both electronic and paper), monitor status and follow up with required actions. Provides general office support services; drafts and or processes a variety of correspondence and other communications. Schedule appointments/meetings, monitor deadlines, etc. Undertake research on a range of HR related issues and assist in the preparation of notes/reports. Maintain automated databases containing HR related information and prepare periodic reports. Assist in the preparation of necessary documentation for distribution to various offices, departments. Perform other duties as required.
• Professionalism – Knowledge of Human Resources policies and practices and ability to interpret and apply them in an organizational setting.
• Teamwork – Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Planning and Organizing - Effective organizational skills and ability to handle a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner. Ability to plan and complete assigned work, within allocated time.
• Client Orientation - Ability to establish and maintain productive partnerships with clients.
• Communication – Solid communication skills. Ability to coordinate with a large variety of clients efficiently and tactfully. Ability to handle highly information.
• Technological Awareness – Keeps abreast of available technology. Proficiency in various basic office applications
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Post secondary coursework, training and/or certification in Human Resources related areas are highly desirable.
• Work Experience: Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the area of Human Resources, administrative services or related areas. Exposure to staffing or Human Resources records management will be considered an asset.
• Languages: Arabic, English and French are the official languages of the Special Tribunal for Lebanon. For this post proficiency in oral and written English and French is required. Knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
How to apply
1. ALL APPLICANTS are requested to complete a Special Tribunal Personal History Form available at the Website: http://www.stl-tsl.org
2. ALL APPLICATIONS should be submitted by the deadline via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is not necessary at this stage to send copies of qualifications, previous employment contracts, entire publications, etc.
Only applicants who are under serious consideration will be contacted. The Tribunal is not in a position to respond to queries regarding information on the status of vacancies or unsolicited open applications.
Afdb Senior Learning Management System Administrator - - Position title: *Senior Learning Management System Administrator* - Grade: *PL-5* - Position N°: *NA* - Reference: *ADB/13/079* - Publ...
1 hour ago