The systems administrator is responsible for installing and maintaining computer hardware, software and networks.
The systems consultant reports to the finance and support services manager and provides hardware and software maintenance, training and consultation, and recommendations about future planning and development of resources.
Managing information technology and computer systems
* Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems.
* Be familiar with all existing financial and ERP systems in the organization.
* Meet with managers to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
* Work with external system services providers and liaise with them in the implementation of new systems.
Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software
* Troubleshoot hardware, software and networks.
* Be familiar with all hardware and software.
* Provide orientation to new users of existing technology.
* Train staff about potential uses of existing technology.
* Provide individual training and support on request.
* Provide recommendations about accessing information and support.
* Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
* Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum access
* Troubleshoot all technology issues.
* Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance
* Make recommendations about purchase of technology resources.
* Research current and potential resources and services.
* Provide network access to all staff and students.
* Install work stations.
* Connect and set up hardware.
* Load all required software.
* Provide network accounts and passwords as required.
* Monitor security of all technology.
* Input and maintain IP addresses.
* Advice staff of security breach and/or change in password or security status.
* Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate
* Perform other related duties as required during working hours
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
* Computer hardware and software systems and programs.
* Computer troubleshooting.
* Computer viruses and security.
* E-mail and internet programs.
* Online communication media such as blogs, social networking websites .
* The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
* Ability to install and administer computer hardware, software and networks.
* Analytical and problem solving skills.
* Decision making skills
* Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills.
* Effective written communication skills.
* Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet, word processing, graphics and website development programs at a proficient level.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
* Be honest and trustworthy.
* Be respectful
* Be flexible
How to applyEmail your resume/CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Application ITSA" as the subject.