For the Cordaid field office in Islamabad, Pakistan, Cordaid is looking for a Logistics Manager,
Duty station: Islamabad
Vacancy number: 1/11
Cordaid's programme in Pakistan focused on a humanitarian response programme in an emergency relief and rehabilitation context related to reconstruction and rehabilitation following the Earthquake in 2005 and the IDP crises in 2008.
Currently Cordaid is responding to the floods that are acting large parts of Pakistan. The areas of operation are Kohat and Shangla districts in Kyber Pakhtunkwa Province. The response program focuses on Health, WASH and Shelter & NFI's.
Position and responsibility
The Logistics Manager (LM) will report to the Program Coordinator (PC) in Islamabad. The PC is responsible for the pipeline management of the emergency response program and works closely with both the administration and the program department in Islamabad and field locations.
General objective of the posting
- Management of the Relief Items Pipeline in Pakistan starting from procurement to distribution of relief items.
- Supervision of staff involved in the emergency response logistics team.
(a) Representation and coordination:
· Represent Cordaid in the relevant Cluster Meetings.
· Establish and maintain contacts with suppliers, transporters and government authorities.
· Coordination of interventions with Cordaid staff and by Cordaid partners.
(b) Human resources management (team management):
- To structure the work of the Cordaid logistics team and stimulate and manage team-spirit and team-work.
- To coach and support Cordaid staff-members in the work area where appropriate and needed
- Responsible for performance evaluation of local staff.
- Contribute to the recruitment of local personnel.
(c) Programme (Logistics) Management:
- Responsible for the proper execution of the IDP and Flood Response Program in accordance with Cordaid E&R Field Office Manual (administrative, financial and logistic procedures, including HRM manual).
· Set up and maintain a structured supply chain of relief items in coordination with the Program Managers.
· Ensure the quality of the materials procured and distributed.
· Manage the transport and warehousing of relief items.
· Manage an accurate administration and documentation of the relief operation starting form the purchase to the distribution.
· Contribute to strategy development for Cordaid involvement in Pakistan.
· Responsible for the proper and timely reporting on implementation of the Flood Response Program.
· Coordinate programme implementation, including allocation of resources and ensure that appropriate controls are maintained at all levels.
· Promote and guide quality in all aspects of the programme: Perform any other duty required for the implementation of the relief program.
(d) Security management:
· Designated as the operational security responsible.
· Member of the security management team.
· Responsible to operate in accordance with the Cordaid Safety First manual.
· To regularly review the ongoing operation against its safety and security standards.
· Monitor and Report security incidents to the PC.
· Develop draft monthly security reports to be submitted to PC in Islamabad.
· To regularly review and update the security plan.
· Academic degree (or comparable experience) in logistics, business/public administration, social sciences or other subject related to international cooperation.
· At least 5 years experience with managing and monitoring emergency and rehabilitation programmes.
· Experience in project planning and implementation and in reporting according to requirements of institutional donors.
· Experience in working with local NGOs.
· Excellent management skills including human resource and financial management, communication and intercultural cooperation skills.
· Experience with Catholic church-based organizations is an asset.
· Experience with rehabilitation and resettlement programmes is an asset.
· Experience in implementing security policy in insecure areas.
· A human centred approach to management and ability to promote teamwork.
· Ability to work under stressful and time bound project conditions.
· Good oral and written communication skills in English.
· Diplomatic and flexibility.
· Target-oriented and an analytical and problem solving mind.
· Capable of working in a stressful environment.
Specifics of station
This is a spouse only posting.
The contract period is for 6 months starting the first of April 2011. We offer a Cordaid contract with a competitive salary and a benefit package which includes R&R, a comprehensive insurance cover, social security and pension contribution and a holiday allowance.
Further information & how to apply
For additional information, please contact Mr. Frans Pakvis, HR Officer. Phone: +31 70 3136 300.
Applications including a motivation letter and extensive CV in English, including the contact details of at least three professional references, should be forwarded before 5 February 2011 under reference of the vacancy number. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this position, that applications will be reviewed on a regular basis in the meantime and that given the necessity to fill this position as soon as possible, we may offer this post before the closing date. An assessment will be part of the procedure.
Please note that we accept applications through our website only: www.cordaid.nl (>English>Vacancies>See our vacancies>Vacatures in het buitenland).