TBBC – Thailand Burma Border Consortium
TBBC Overview: TBBC is seeking an Organisational Development Director (ODD) for its operations in Thailand. TBBC, a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian relief and development agency, is an alliance of NGOs providing food, shelter and support for community based camp management to Burmese refugees along the Thailand/ Burma border since 1984. TBBC supplies food monthly, building materials annually and non food items periodically, to approx 145,000 people in 9 refugee camps in Thailand and to approximately 20,000 IDPs in six camps.
TBBC Objectives: TBBC’s core objectives as set out in its Strategic Plan for 2009-2013 are:
1. Pursue change leading to durable solutions while ensuring a protective environment for displaced people of Burma
2. Increase self-reliance and reduce aid dependency by promoting and supporting livelihood opportunities
3. Ensure continued access to adequate and appropriate food, shelter and non-food items prioritising support for the most vulnerable
4. Support mutually accountable community-based management which ensures equity, diversity and gender balance
5. Develop TBBC organizational structure and resources to anticipate and respond to changes, challenges and opportunities
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK: As part of the senior management team, the Organisational Development Director will have overall responsibility to strengthen the organizational development of TBBC, having key responsibilities in strategic planning, human resource management and governance support.
Core duties will include:
Member of the Senior Management Team (SMT)
Develop, implement and manage field and Bangkok administrative operations in all HR planning and development, IT and office management areas.
Coordinate TBBC’s annual and multi-year operational and strategic planning.
Act as the Governance Secretariat for the TBBC Board of Directors under supervision of the ED
As a member of the senior management team, closely coordinates with other Sector Directors and the Field Managers to ensure efficient communications and delegation of responsibilities across the lines.
Shared advocacy responsibility with donors, members and the wider INGO community
Main responsibility for the following areas:
1. General Administration for HQ and Field Offices
2. Governance Secretariat
3. Compliance and reporting to HMRC as TBBC is a UK charity (shared with FD)
4. Administrative Contracts and Agreements
5. Lease & Outsourcing Agreements
6. Organisational Policies and Procedures
7. Organisational Legal Requirements/Compliance
8. Property and Asset Insurance
9. Human Resources, including Staff Development & Training
11. Staff Security, Health & Safety
12. IT & Knowledge Management (Data Systems)
13. Organisational Development
14. Change Management
• Graduate Degree in HR, Organisational Development, Public Administration or related field
• HR or OD certification desirable
• At least 10 years proven organisational development and HR management experience with substantial years of experience in relief/development work with supervisory responsibilities in business supports management
• Proven experience in the following areas:- non-profit governance, strategic planning, organizational change management and people management
• Excellent leadership, negotiation, analytical and representation skills
• Effective communication skills / good working knowledge in English. Proficiency in Thai is considered an asset but not a requirement.
• Ability to work to deadlines, work under pressure and prioritise routine and ad hoc tasks. Ability to manage and support sub-ordinates to achieve same objectives.
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Identifying/resolving programme issues and risks
• Able to work on complex multi tasking activities and problem solving capabilities
• Ability to work independently as well in a team in a multi-cultural working environment.
• Gender awareness and sensitive. Commitment to incorporating TBBC’s inclusion policy and other TBBC values in all aspects of the work.
• Ability to travel to field offices within Thailand between 25% to 30% of the time
• Contract Duration: 2 year fixed term contract (renewable)
• Salary & Benefits: As per TBBC Policy
• Holidays: According to the working calendar in the country + annual leave.
• Work Station: Bangkok, Thailand with visits to all sites along the Thailand-Burma border. Approx. 30%-40% of duties performed along the border at various field sites.
How to applyHow to Apply: Interested candidates can send their cover letter, CV and the names/contact of 3 references to TBBC’s HR Manager at email@example.com
Each application package should include:
• Cover letter with the applicant’s current contact information
• CV (including detailed work experience, education/degree/training)
• References (minimum of three, with complete contact information)
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed
Closing Date to Receive Applications: February 4th, 2011
Women are encouraged to apply for this position
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted