U.S. Mission, Uganda
Number: 123-2011 Date: 1/17/2011
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING AND CLOSING DATES: January 17-28, 2011
POSITION TITLE: Program Management Specialist/Food for Peace
POSITION LOCATION: USAID, SO7 OFFICE
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
POSITION GRADE: FSN-11 (Ugshs. 67,623,871 to 97,517,009 p.a. inclusive of allowances).
USAID/Uganda is recruiting a qualified Ugandan to fill the position of Program Management Specialist/Food for Peace.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Serves as Mission’s recognized expert on Food for Peace/PL480 programs; management of food and non-food commodities; and the design, implementation and management of emergency, humanitarian assistance and development programs.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education Required: A University degree relevant to nutrition, development, or project management is required. Additional specialised training and certification in computer systems management is required.
2. Work Experience: Ten years of progressively responsible management level experience in development assistance or related work is required. Must have transition environment experience relevant to northern Uganda and Karamoja and knowledge of Ugandan stakeholders in the agriculture, food aid and emergency sectors.
3. Language Requirement: Must be fluent in English language.
4. Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of the Government of Uganda’s Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program (CAADP) compact, and its investment plan (DSIP), is required.
5. Skills and Abilities: The position requires superb communication skills, commitment to transparency and teamwork, and an outstanding ability to exercise sound and independent judgment, discretion and patience on a daily basis. The position requires flexibility and the ability to accept and react to changing policy direction with sound analyses, professionalism and poise. The position requires working under pressure and the need to assume other job responsibilities for short periods of time. Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and tact, to work effectively with people at all levels is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include the following documentation
(i) A completed and signed U.S. Government Optional Form 612:
Shortcut to: http://www.usaid.gov/forms/of-612.doc;
(ii) Application letter clearly specifying the position for which you are applying;
(iii) A Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
(iv) Copies of Academic Transcripts;
(v) Names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references.
Submitted applications and documents become the property of the Embassy and will not be returned.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
1. By mail:
Human Resources Office
Plot 1577 Ggaba Road
P. O. Box 7007, Kampala
2. By Fax:
0414-341-863 - ATTENTION: HR
3. Or by e-mail:
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: January 28, 2011
SO7TL: Theresa Tuano
EXO: Edward Michalski
HRO: Stephanie Arnold