In response to the recently released RFA “Sustainable Responses for Improving the Lives of Vulnerable Children and their Households Program (SCORE), Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is looking for a Senior Program Manager - Economic Strengthening who will lead a team responsible for enabling vulnerable households to improve livelihoods and increase household income and savings.
• Support the design a comprehensive household survey designed to identify root causes of economic vulnerability.
• Develop overall strategy for improving income of vulnerable households through integrated, market-driven interventions.
• Supervise a team which will be responsible for the design, implementation of market-driven economic solutions including value chain analysis.
• Supervise a team which will be responsible for the formation or enhancement solidarity groups and overseeing rural micro-lending and savings initiatives.
• Supervise a team responsible for employment opportunity generation, developing partnerships and linkages at the community level.
• Ensure that the project implementation is in accordance with CRS programming principles and CRS core values.
• Work closely with M&E staff and partners to ensure project targets are achieved and exceeded.
• Produce timely, informative reports, capturing project highlights and challenges.
• Monitor and manage expenses for the project on a monthly basis, ensuring adherence to budgets and compliance with donor requirements.
• Coordinate with respective line ministries/officials and other organizations working in the sector to build strategic partnerships.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
• Serves with Integrity
• Models Stewardship
• Cultivates Constructive Relationships
• Promotes Learning
• Masters degree in Business, Economics, International Development, or related field
• 8+ years professional experience, with at least 3 years experience managing large donor-funded development programs, preferably USAID
• Proven track record in designing and implementing sustainable economic empowerment programs, including income generating activities
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with microenterprise development, value chain development, and microfinance
• Demonstrated ability in strategic planning and program management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Fluent English (speaking, reading and writing ability) required
• Strong budget management skills
• Proven ability to effectively manage people and to build teams; able to build capacity in others
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: This position is contingent upon CRS being awarded the
contract and acceptance of candidate by donor.
Please submit cover letter, CV, as well as three work references (names and contact information only) by January 24, 2011.
How to applyTo apply, please visit, www.crs.org/about/careers