UN WOMEN Tanzania is seeking to recruit a Programme Administrative Assistant to basically ensure effective and efficient functioning of the UN Women Country Programme Office, full confidentiality in all aspects of the assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, procurement and Human Resources support, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made. The incumbent will work under the direct guidance and supervision of the Country Programme Manager (CPM), based in Dar es Salaam.
• Management of the Country Programme Office, efficient management of Country Programme Manager's schedules.
Organization of regular and ad-hoc meetings, preparation of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken; tracking of progress on planned issues and follow-up with focal points
• Screening of all incoming communications, filter outgoing correspondence for supervisor's signature, clearance and further action by other staff whenever possible, adherence to appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines when communicating within UN, Government and external partners, use automated office management system.
• Dealing with procurement functions by assisting in open competitive process through obtaining information, quotations/advertising quotations, supporting RFP and Call for Proposal processes, acting as Procurement Secretary and taking minutes of technical evaluation meetings, preparing technical and financial evaluation reports, preparing the procurement file for LAMRC/LPAC, preparing contracts and maintaining records of all procurement actions, and internal coordination to support processing of payments.
• HR assistance, including preparing Individual Contract and Service ContraGts files for LCAP/LAMRC - file maintenance and alerting the CPM timely regards personnel contract expiry and pending performance reviews, leave and absence monitoring and record keeping, ensuring that due process has been followed before submission of documents to the CPM and/or SRO for approval, liaisoning with UNDP HRiUN Women SRO to ensure staff and SC holders benefits and claims are processed timely. Development of maintenance of a filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential documents, draft routine correspondence , interoffice circulars, general briefing notes, reports, and minutes of meetings when requested, translation when required. Administration of travel, meetings, appointments and briefings of CPM, including drafting of background notes, with support of Program Specialist.
• Advanced Diploma in Public Administration or Business Administration. A first degree in similar fields will be advantageous, but not a strict requirement. 5-7 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support services. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web-based management systems. Knowledge of the UN a strong advantage.
• Commitment and understanding of the gender equality and women's empowerment agenda an advantage
• Excellent Communication Skills, good command of both spoken and written Kiswahili and English.
Qualified Tanzanians should send applications with most current CVs and photocopies of certificates plus a completed P11 Form to Development Support Services Unit, UNDp, P.O. Box 9182, Dar es Salaam, not later than 28 January 2011. The title of the post should be indicated on the envelope. Applicants are urged to visit our website: www.tz.undp.org for detailed Job Description and downloadable P11 form. Female candidates are strongly encouraged1o apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Plot 134-140 Kingsway / Mafinga Street (Off Kinondoni Road). P. O. Box 9182, Oar es Salaam, Tanzania Tel: +255-22-2668000 Fax: +255-22-2668749 Website: http://www.tz.undp.org/ Email: email@example.com
UN WOMEN: COORDINATION AND PLANNING SPECIALIST (READVERTISEMENT) - The UN Women (UNW), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination agains...
1 day ago