GIZ Health Sector Programme hereby seeks to recruit a professional for the following position:
Programme Officer – Healthcare Waste Management
The programme officer will be based at the Nairobi Women’s Hospital, and will support with the assessment, situation analysis, strategy development, capacity building and implementation of the PPP project in accordance with the workplan.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in environmental health, environmental engineering, hygiene, or Public health comparable
2. At least 2 years’ experience in project management
3. Flexible with high tolerance and ability to work in fast paced and challenging environment
4. Excellent command of MS-Office
5. Post-graduate qualification or experience in marketing or a business related field an advantage
6. First-hand experience in waste management, experience with medical waste, environmental infection control or hospital hygiene is an advantage
7. Creativity, strong communication and interpersonal skills with high inter-cultural sensitivity
8. Proven supervisory and negotiation skills with the ability to work with senior administrators and medical staff.
9. Experience in working both independently and in a team-oriented environment
How to applyFor detailed terms of reference and on how to apply please visit: www.gtzkenyahealth.com/jobs
Closing Date: 27th January 2011 at 12 noon
Applications invited from Kenya Nationals only or person authorized to work in Kenya