In the framework of a tender with the European Commission, the College of Europe is looking for a full-time Public Information Officer for future activities in Iceland, in the event that the contract is awarded to the College. Earliest starting date would be 1 March 2011. Duration: 220 working days.
Description of the position:
Based in Reykjavik, the Public Information Officer will be working, under a services contract, within an EU Information Centre and be responsible for the implementation of the day-to-day activities which will include the provision of information to visitors; answering questions received from the public; media monitoring and providing press reviews; media relations; updating the ‘Questions and Answers’ knowledge database etc.
Qualifications and skills:
The ideal candidate should have:
- University degree in communications, journalism or related field;
- Fluency in spoken and written Icelandic and English
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in ensuring good client communication;
- Excellent ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work under time pressure, flexibility and reliability.
General professional experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in management of customers, responding to queries or providing helpdesk services;
- Good knowledge about EU integration processes, particularly in relation to Iceland;
- Good knowledge of the socio-economic and political structure of Iceland (government, public institutions, media and civil society organisations).
Specific professional experience
- Participation in at least 2 public relations projects over the last 5 years;
- Knowledge of networking practices with information providers and multipliers.
Applications should be written in English and consist of a detailed CV using the template (maximum 3 pages) sent per e-mail mentioning “ICELAND – Public Information Officer” in the subject line.
Contact: Mrs Christiane Vermoortel, e-mail: email@example.com
Deadline: Tuesday 1 February 2011
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.