The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) is the keystone of the European Union (EU) risk assessment regarding food and feed safety. In close collaboration with national authorities and in open consultation with its stakeholders, EFSA provides independent scientific advice and clear communication on existing and emerging risks.
The tasks may include:
Support the work of a Scientific Panel or a network of Member State Representatives
- Prepare annual work plan and update it;
- Organise and participate in the plenary and working group meetings;
- Evaluate files submitted to the Panel;
- Prepare minutes of the plenary and working group meetings;
- Management of cooperation projects;
- Prepare reports, opinions and briefings.
Data collection, data analysis and risk assessment
- Coordination of data collection and reporting done by the Member States;
- Preparation of harmonised monitoring and reporting schemes and coordination of such activities;
- Analysis and reporting of scientific data;
- Contribute to the development and harmonisation of risk assessment methods;
- Support risk assessment activities.
Communication with Commission services
- Contribute to consultation as appropriate;
- Liaise on scientific matters where relevant;
- Follow up scientific opinions and advice on the interpretations of the opinions issued by the Panel.
- Reply to external requests for information relevant to the work of the Panel;
- Reply to requests for information from other European Institutions, Member States and the general public;
- Liaise with EU Institutions, international and third country organisations on matters within the remit of EFSA;
- Produce and edit texts for publication;
- Provide assistance with analytical preparation of reports for publications;
- Provide support to EFSA activities in: media relations, web communications,publications and event organisation.
Communications Directorate activities
- Contribute to the development of Communications plans and activities (e.g.media relations, publications, events, online communications);
- Contribute to situational analyses on key communications issues (i.e.information gathering and other desk research on views and activities of opinion leaders and media);
- Support Directorate in development of research plans (e.g. risk perception research; target audience research to assess image and impact of EFSA and EFSA’s work).
- Implement International Strategy: Follow-up and maintenance of the in-house prioritisation exercise of EFSA’s international activities;
- Coordinate international activities in line with the prioritisation;
- Coordinate EFSA’s support to CODEX activities;
- Be the contact point for partners with international agreements;
- Coordinate the implementation of actions delivering from the international agreements (especially future workflow for exchange of documents);
- Screen activities of international organisations and public bodies and providing respective information to concerned Units.
The SNE shall assist EFSA's staff and carry out the tasks assigned to them in the context of a predetermined work programme or job description, reporting to the concerned Head of Unit.
For more details, please click here.