1. Project Management
• Support project proponents in developing and implementing projects.
• Work closely with the various project proponents and heads of relevant ASEC directorates and divisions to ensure effective and timely implementation.
• Maintain consolidated record of the overall progress of the IAI Work Plan implementation and the achievement of results.
• Promote and support donor coordination initiatives, including non-duplication of projects with other programs of ASEC and pursuing co-funding options for joint implementation of activities with other Dialogue and Development Partners.
2. Strategic Planning
• Prepare consolidated Annual IAI Work Plans and Division Work Plans which include budgets and six-monthly performance reports (e.g. surveys, questionnaires).
• Develop and maintain a matrix of all Dialogue and Development Partners national, sub-regional and regional activities related to the IAI Work Plan.
• Coordinate with activities and work plans of relevant ASEC directorates and divisions
• Develop and maintain IAI&NDG Scorecard.
• Develop and maintain an IAI Information System.
3. Outreach Activities
• Produce and disseminate appropriate informational materials on IAI Work Plan and promoting the programme’s visibility.
• Work closely with the Dialogue and Development Partners to align related priorities and activities with the priorities and developments in ASEAN and ASEC.
• Organise events to promote activities under the IAI Work Plan
4. Research and Policy Review
• Prepare Terms of Reference for, and mobilise short-term consultancy inputs that are required to support overall program planning and monitoring work.
• Prepare final reports for dissemination and maintaining inventory of research projects.
• Summarise the assessments of the research projects for undertaking comprehensive reviews
5. Monitoring & Evaluation
Assist in monitoring, reviewing, as well as identifying new programmes and activities under IAI Work Plan. These will include, but not limited to:
• raising issues and recommending options to address implementation challenges;
• ensuring no overlaps between activities and those generated by other ASEAN programmes;
• ensuring that methodology of delivering development assistance to Member States are sound, sustainable and impactful;
• undertaking project visits, as necessary, to understand conditions at the recipient levels,
• developing the results-based M&E system of the IAI&NDG Work Plan, and
• maintain the information required for the IAI & NDG M&E system and conduct revision to the system.
• Postgraduate degree, preferably in the area of economics, international development, development studies or other related disciplines.
• A minimum of six (6) years high-level experience in the relevant field.
• High-level technical skills and knowledge in area of responsibility.
• Demonstrated skills in problem solving, planning and the development of policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate staff and work effectively with people at all levels of the organisation.
• Experience in identifying training and professional/technical development needs of staff.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct both formal and on the job training, and foster the career development goals of staff.
• Demonstrated sound oral and written communication skills and sound interpersonal skills, including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with stakeholders.
• Demonstrated commitment to collaborative work practices.
• Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook where relevant to the position.
• Proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
• Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
Familiarity with diplomatic practices and protocol. Other required qualities are: computer literacy and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools; ability to multi-task, work long and irregular hours, and perform outside the usual job scope; ability to function effectively independently and as part of a team; and a willingness to travel frequently on short notice.
How to applySend your application to email@example.com highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, certified true copies of educational certificates obtained, and completed Employment Application Form with recent photograph, which can be downloaded at www.asean.org/opportunities
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for Senior Officer IAI & NDG.
Application papers should be received at the ASEAN Secretariat by 31 January 2011.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and the decision of the Secretary-General of ASEAN on the appointment shall be final.
Please note that employment start date is expected for June 2011.
For all other ASEAN Secretariat vacancies, please visit www.asean.org/opportunities