Transparency International (TI) is seeking a highly skilled professional for the position of
Senior Resources Coordinator - Fundraising
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 90 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Main function: Responsible for the development of TI’s corporate donor base.
Reporting lines: Part of a team reporting to the Resources Director
Contract: 2-year contract, with option for extension
Starting date: asap
Location: Berlin, Germany; with some international travel
- Develop and manage TI’s corporate donor base.
- Together with Resources Director, develop strategy to enlist new corporate donors
- Research, approach and negotiate support from new corporate donors
- Maintain and develop, existing and new relationships with corporate donors
- Write compelling proposals
- Act as focal point for donor portfolio, together with TI’s Private Sector team
- Ensure timely and high quality grant reporting
- Organise events for current and potential donors
- Prospect key markets for potential targets
- Ensure compliance of corporate fundraising programme with TI policies
- Support Resources Director in the development and implementation of fundraising strategies from varied sources
- Support Resources Director, Managing Director and Board members in fundraising drives
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree (or equivalent relevant experience) preferably in Business Administration, Corporate Responsibility, Communication, Marketing or Public Relations.
- Track record of at least five years in fundraising with corporate and other donors (foundations, trusts, major gifts, etc).
- Extensive international experience
- Good understanding of corporate social responsibility strategies and trends across different industries
- Knowledge of the US fundraising market an asset
- Strong organisational skills
- Hands-on team player
- Flexible, capable of working under pressure and against deadlines
- Excellent communication, impeccable presentation and strong networking skills
- Ability and track record in developing and writing funding proposals (in English)
- Ability to work with budget and financial reports
- Proficiency with fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge) an asset
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English is essential; other European languages are a definite asset.
TI Secretariat reserves the right to appoint to another staff level subject to education and qualifications.
Other information about the post and duty station:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this position is 13 February 2011. Applications received by this date will take priority; however, late applications will be considered if the position has not been filled. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about Transparency International visit our website at www.transparency.org