Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About Bridge International Academies
Bridge International Academies is a startup revolutionizing education across Africa with a truly unique business model. The company has launched a large-scale franchise-like network of ultra low-cost for-profit private primary schools across Africa.
Our schools profitably deliver high-quality education for less than $4 per child per month, enabling local school managers to operate their school businesses profitably, while creating a highly successful business at the central level. We now have 25 schools in Kenya, and plan to rapidly scale the company to serve more than 1 million students.
About this position
Bridge International Academies is offering a 2 month short term contract for a highly skilled video editor for our fast paced product studio.
Successful candidates will be strong communicators, very detail-oriented, and have a passion for the video process. The editor's primary role will be to film video samples in schools and on-site, and edit videos, making them ready for use in our training sessions.
Experience and Attributes:
- In-depth knowledge of video recording and editing process
- Experienced or comfortable using high end consumer video for capturing simple video clips
- Excellent and proven range of digital video post production skills (including adding call outs/arrows to videos, capturing the computer screen and Powerpoints on video, and editing audio)
- Experience with Camtasia Studio or a similar video editing suite is highly preferred
- Proactive problem solving, both technically and creatively
- Calm under pressure, can excel in fast-paced project timeframes
- An obsession for creating excellent videos on schedule
- Self-driven and able to easily communicate creative ideas and collaborate in a team environment
- Experience working with children or in a school is preferred
- Productivity-focused and proven to be a quick problem solver
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
- An online portfolio that demonstrates a range of video post production skills
- A Bachelors degree is required
- 2-4 years of experience as a digital video editor Understanding of all video production equipment, technologies and capabilities in the corporate environment
- Working knowledge of still and moving imaging software for both Mac and PC platforms
- Proficient on both the Macintosh (OSX) and PC computing platforms
Click here to apply online