VANACY ANNOUNCEMENT (RE ANNOUNCEMENT)
OPEN ONLY TO SOUTH SUDANESE NATIONALS
Country Office – Administration and Finance coordinator
Operations Support Department
Operations Support Manager
EXPECTED START DATE
20th February 2011
I. Purpose of the position
The Administration and Finance Coordinator is primarily responsible for the efficiency and effectiveness of the administration (including HR) and financial coordination components of WCH South Sudan country office and field offices, with the direct responsibility of performing the following:
II. Tasks and responsibilities
- Receive, analyse, follow up and consolidate field locations’ monthly financing accounts, taking into account field location budgets and WCH financial policies.
- Ensure the financial management routines and systems are respected, and that WCH regulations, policies and standards are adhered to, in a timely manner and in accordance with quality and policy requirements.
- Manage the country office’s day-to-day accounting functions including regular cash verification, bank and balance sheets, accounts reconciliation, monthly closing, timely submission of financial reports to Operations Support Manager.
- Maintain up-to-date accurate accounting system, including computer data entry and paper file system.
ADMINISTRATION (including HR)
- Ensure adherence to the government of
’s laws for income tax and property tax, ensuring payments are made in time. Sudan
- Ensure compliance with the Sudan Labour Law in WCH employment practices and policies.
- Act as a liaison person with the Government of South Sudan with issues relating to the registration of the organization and other necessary permits necessary for the delivery of WCH projects.
- Lead HR business processes to ensure attraction and retention of qualified and experienced employees.
- Coordinate the administrative aspects of staff recruitment and induction.
- Maintain staff files and records; advise on discipline, welfare and other human resource issues.
- Monitor and follow up individual performance agreements; ensuring the performance planning, evaluation and appraisal meeting are planned, communicated and completed on time.
- Manage all WCH staff leave schedules in collaboration with field admin & finance assistants, field location managers, program development manager and operations support manager.
- Manage monthly payrolls, National Social Insurance Fund contributions and income tax deductions and payment for all WCH staff.
- Conduct regular field trips to all field offices for monitoring, Evaluation and identification of training needs for operations support staff.
- Responsible for the quality of the contracts engaged by WCH (Renting premises/houses/vehicles, ICT maintenance, local consultancy contracts etc).
- Support the senior management team in dealing with HR disputes and or disciplinary actions.
- Ensure WCH obtains sufficient insurance policies for its assets and human resources.
- Lead all aspects of Risk Management pertaining to finances, human resources and insurances.
- Lead monthly staff meetings.
Perform any other assignments reasonably associated with but not listed in this Job Description as and when assigned by the OSM, or the Country Director.
III. Expected results
o Monthly Field Locations and Country office financial accounting.
o Monthly Staff leave schedules.
o Performance cycle management plans.
o Support units’ staff monthly and quarterly plans.
o Vendors list and price list for all locations.
o Monthly staff meeting Minutes.
o Monthly reports of donations in Kind.
o Weekly brief report of the operations units.
o Support Staff development plans.
Field Administration & Finance Assistants, Logistics Assistants, Logistics and ICT Officer.
· Participate and contribute to the day to day running of the Operations Support Department.
· Collaborate per need with other senior staff in WCH-Sudan.
· Exchange ideas and keep contacts with field logistics assistants in WCH-Sudan
· Within delegated authority and as necessary maintain contact with the GOSS offices in
Required skills & Qualifications
- Minimum three years of practical experience in relevant field, with hands on involvement and knowledge of finance and administration coordination.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in Finance, Accounting, Administration or related field required.
- Significant and demonstrable technical knowledge across the following technical finance and administration disciplines:
o Financial management
o Capacity building of support staff
o Good experience of implementing organization policies and procedures.
o Good experience of leading and driving the development of an operations support units.
- Knowledge of automated financial accounting system, preferably SAGE.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field, Country office, Central Government and Local Authorities.
- Good, proven experience of training and developing staff
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritising a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Experience of proactively identifying and addressing issues
- Ability to work with a high degree of professionalism.
VII. Special working conditions
The role is based at the WCH’S Country Office in
VIII. Application Process
Interested candidates for this position should send updated curriculum vitae (indicating salary history and professions/supervising references) together with a motivation letter stating why they best meet the competencies required for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org or the War Child Holland Country Office in