Position Title: Distributions Officer
No. of positions: 4 (international candidates only)
Program: Afghan Civilian Assistance Program (ACAP)
Duty Station: Office in Jalalabad / Office in Herat/ Office in Kandahar / ACAP CTG Office in Helmand / Office in Gardez / office in Kunduz
Appointment: Contract for Service provided by CTG Global
Contract duration: 4 months, with a possibility of extension
The Afghan Civilian Assistance Program (ACAP) with funding from USAID seeks to ensure that the needs of Afghan families and communities that have been adversely affected by military operations against the Taliban and other insurgents are adequately addressed, and that reparation, as appropriate, is provided.
CTG Global seeks to recruit a qualified candidate to undertake the following roles and responsibilities:
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and the direct supervision of the ACAP Program Manager and the ACAP Operations Officer, the incumbent will support the daily implementation of the ACAP Program distribution to beneficiaries. This program seeks to ensure that the needs of Afghan families and communities that have been adversely affected as a result of the military operations against the Taliban and insurgents are adequately addressed, and reparation, as appropriate, is provided. In particular, the Operations Officer will undertake the following roles and responsibilities:
1. Support the implementation of the ACAP throughout Afghanistan in accordance with ACAP program objectives, donor interest and security constraints.
2. Have a detailed knowledge of all ACAP procedures.
3. Coordinate with the ACAP Operations Officer and have a detailed knowledge of ongoing distribution plans in all ACAP distribution points.
4. Ensure a proper and transparent distribution to beneficiaries on site. Current ACAP distribution points are: Kabul, Asadabad, Jalalabad, Kunduz, Herat, Farah, Kandahar, Helmand, Gardez and Khost.
5. Act as focal point for the International Field Officers based in the sub-offices regarding distribution in their sub-offices.
6. Oversee the daily activities of the national staff when they are assigned to work in warehouses for distribution purposes, be responsible for timesheets and ensure the correct HR procedures are followed.
7. Act as focal point for ACAP with the Logistics, Finance and Legal departments and ensure that standards are followed.
8. Support established program reporting mechanisms.
9. Collaborate in the response to ad hoc requests for information as well as frequent and regular reporting to USAID
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Education and experience required
* University degree in a relevant discipline or alternatively, combination of related education and professional experience. A minimum of three years of experience working in project development and implementation, preferably related to community development and/or post-conflict issues.
* Experience of working on provincial and district level in Afghanistan is an advantage.
Technical Competencies required
* Operational practical distribution previous experience.
* Ability to follow and implement administrative and financial control procedures.
* Knowledge of program planning and implementation.
* Advance knowledge of all Microsoft Windows programs; (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and FrontPage).
Personal/Interpersonal Skills required
* Stamina, determination, commitment, efficiency and adaptability
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills
* Understanding of complex socio-political environments, especially of post-conflict situations.
* Sensitivity toward other cultures.
* Ability to work under difficult conditions while maintaining security awareness.
* Ability to work effectively and harmoniously under pressure in a stressful environment and with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds. Willingness to travel in high risk areas is essential.
* Spoken and written English fluency is essential. Working knowledge of Dari and/or Pashtu an advantage.