EUROPEAN PUBLIC AFFAIRS (Reference : EA 005)
DESCRIPTION OF OUR CLIENT :
Established for more than 40 years, our client is a European association acting in the commerce sector (food and non-food). Our client represents a total employment of about 4.8 million people
Our client acts in favour of its members to increase the value of their business and improve their economic performance.
Our client’s objectives are as follows :
- 1. To support and represent the interests and particularities of its members within the representative institutions and more in particular the European institutions.
- 2. To make bilateral and multilateral exchanges of experiences possible for those interested.
DESCRIPTION OF THE FUNCTION :
The European Public Affairs reports directly to the Secretary General. He uses all the communication vectors to help the association’s representatives to promote its ideas on several issues related to any political, legal, economic, financial, administrative or technical question linked to the achievement of the objectives of the association and its practical functioning.
The European Public Affairs will maintain a permanent contact especially with the European Parliament. He will work in close collaboration with
- the European Commission
- the European Economic and Social Committee
- the European associations
- the member organisations
His main responsibility will be to support the association’s representatives to develop lobbying regarding all the European entities by :
- ensuring the visibility of the association within the EP
- opening new doors, establishing first contacts for the association by using and developing his existing personal network
- establishing long lasting relationship, based on trust and interpersonal skills, with members of the European Parliament (staff or MEPs), and other European entities
- participating in creating a positive image of the association’s objectives and its members
- participating in the clear and understandable drafting and writing of working documents, messages for those European entities as well as answering information requests
- monitoring and communicating the developments of the association activities and in the various European public policies relevant for the association’s members
- participating and representing the association during events or in meetings to defend, support, present the association’s concerns by using all the communication means in order to transmit a clear view of the association’s goals
- helping to present / explain what the association does.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROFILE :
- Interest and good understanding in the EU construction and in economic aspects, in matters of the commerce sector and SMEs in general.
- Experience in the European public / regulatory affairs with a detailed knowledge of the functioning of the EU institutions, of the EU decision making process and of the EP (a former official or assistant at the EP would be a plus)
- Languages : English, French and German-mandatory (able to defend and work in 3 languages)
- Education : legal or communication or political sciences or public affairs or public relations or journalism studies. Additional studies or a combination of the above are a plus.
- A strong capacity for analysis
- Dynamic and inquisitive, patient, tough
- Be able to negotiate and influence in a diplomatic way
- Interpersonal skills : open, extrovert, good contact with people, can easily be approached, with excellent communication skills (oral as well as written). Good IT knowledge
- A good team spirit and flexibility in order to be able to work in a small team (5 people) where responsibilities are shared as regards legal, political and administrative issues
WE OFFER :
- Team’s work
- A dynamic function within the heart of the European Institutions
- An interesting salary package (including extra-legal advantages : group insurance, meal vouchers ...)
- A permanent contract
- Language classes if needed
REMARK : Eric Denis will contact you after analyse of your application.
THE APPLICATIONS CAN BE SENT TO :
- People Forward SPRL
Av. De l’Aulne, 11 bte 4G
email : email@example.com
GSM : 0495 / 45 71 29
URL : www.people-forward.com