- United States (Washington, DC)
- Contact Information:
- Lars Volz
Description:Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 93 projects in 40 countries and revenues of $124 million.
Remote Monitoring Coordinator, Washington, DC We are currently seeking a Remote Monitoring Coordinator (RMC) for a multi-country USAID Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS Net) project. The RMC will provide leadership, guidance, and technical support to FEWS NET staff and partners in the area of remote monitoring. The position is contingent on ACDI/VOCA being awarded the program and will be based in Washington, D.C.
- Manage the project's efforts to identify and predict potentially large and significant changes in key, pre-identified food security conditions in both remotely monitored countries, and in those countries of existing FEWS NET office presence-based coverage.
- Oversee the establishment of an operational, country-specific early warning analytic framework, comprising baseline datasets, monitoring partnerships, and a sub-national household livelihoods-based understanding of how food security is normally gained, maintained, lost, and reestablished.
- Oversee creation of country-specific monitoring plans and data collection in the following four project technical areas: Household livelihoods information; Weather conditions and crop and pastoral production;Food market and food trade activities; Health and nutrition conditions.
- Conduct remote monitoring, and report results.
- Analyze any significant anomalies to identify if any further analyses or response actions are required.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree, Master's Degree preferred, in a relevant technical area, such as agriculture, food security, agribusiness, remote sensing and monitoring, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of prior work experience and training in a relevant technical area, as listed above.
- Minimum two years of experience living and working in a region in which FEWS NET field staff work.
- Advanced ability to use a personal computer and standard software packages (Microsoft word processing, spreadsheets, etc.) is required.
- French and/or Spanish language skills of the FS 2+ level or greater, are preferred.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org, or respond with resume, cover letter, and salary history to Attn: HR/FEWS-RMC, 50 F Street NW, Suite 1075, Washington, DC 20001 or fax +1 202 469 6255. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE/AA.