- Emerging Markets Private Equity Association
- United States (Washington, DC)
- Contact Information:
- Carolyn Kolb
Description:The Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (EMPEA) is an independent, global membership association whose mission is to catalyze private equity and venture capital investment in emerging markets. EMPEA's 270+ members include the leading institutional investors and private equity and venture capital fund managers across developing and developed markets. EMPEA leverages an unparalleled global industry network to deliver authoritative intelligence, promote best practices, and provide unique networking opportunities, giving our members a competitive edge for raising funds, making good investments and managing exits to achieve superior returns. EMPEA's members represent more than 50 countries and over US$1 trillion in assets under management. More information about EMPEA can be found at http://www.empea.net.
In support of its mission, EMPEA researches, analyzes and disseminates authoritative information on emerging markets private equity; convenes meetings and conferences around the world to promote information exchange between leading fund managers and institutional investors; offers professional development programs to enhance knowledge transfer; and, collaborates with stakeholders from across the globe.
EMPEA is seeking a Research Analyst to support its efforts to produce research and industry statistics for private equity practitioners, institutional investors and related stakeholders. EMPEA research is widely used as industry reference data and disseminated in the market via proprietary publications, media coverage, conference and workshop content and the EMPEA website.
The successful candidate will join a dedicated, high-energy team of individuals with an outstanding track record. Despite its professional stature, this is a team that rolls up its sleeves and is extremely hands-on. The culture is supportive and team-oriented, but in common with the industry it serves, standards are extremely high and excellence is a daily requirement rather than the exception.
The Research Analyst's primary responsibility will be improving the quality of data in EMPEA's proprietary database of private equity firms, funds, and investments by:
1) Systematically collecting data through third-party sources as well as through direct communication with EMPEA members and other industry stakeholders;
2) Capturing this information in EMPEA's proprietary database and knowledge management systems;
3)Contributing to the ongoing improvement of EMPEA's data management systems; and
4)Cultivating relationships with member firms to support direct research efforts
Other responsibilities include compiling a weekly reading pack of the most important news in the industry for distribution to the entire staff and building exhibits in Excel for publications or research requests from members.
• Bachelor's degree with coursework in economics, finance, statistics or similar
• 1–2 years work experience, ideally in a research capacity
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Demonstrated primary and secondary research skills
• Proven analytical ability and attentiveness to detail
• Strong desire to learn about the private equity industry
This position does not require financial services experience, however a keen interest in the private equity industry is essential and a basic understanding of financial markets is preferred. Experience working with databases and large datasets is also preferred. The Research Analyst will gain an in-depth understanding of the firms active in emerging markets, as well as the cross-border issues impacting investment. Proficiency in an emerging market language would be beneficial. Interest in international legal and regulatory issues is a plus, but not required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and skill level. EMPEA offers a world-class portfolio of employee benefits, including health, dental and other insurance, 401k and 401k employer match, among other benefits.
Target start date is Monday August 1st, 2011.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume by Friday, July 15th, 2011 to Carolyn Kolb at email@example.com.
• Submissions should be addressed to the attention of Jennifer Choi, Director of Research, Subject: EMPEA Research Analyst – [Last Name].
• Only applications that include a cover letter will be considered. Applications submitted through resume aggregator services (e.g., Indeed) will not be considered.
• No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Only individuals eligible to work in the United States can be considered – we are unable to sponsor H-1B candidates at this time.
Contact: Carolyn Kolb, firstname.lastname@example.org.