The EIB, the European Union’s bank is seeking to recruit for the General Secretariat and Directorate General for Legal Affairs – Legal Department, Operations – South East Europe Division at its headquarters in Luxembourg a:
Lawyer – Banking / Project Finance Specialist
The selected candidate will be assigned to the post for a fixed term of 9 months
The successful candidate will assist the Head of Division and Head of Department, together with other legal advisers, in providing legal support to the operational services.
The South East Europe Division deals with legal operations in Italy, Malta, Slovenia, Croatia, Western Balkans, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Cyprus and Turkey.
In principle, the successful candidate will deal with operations in Turkey and the Balkans.
The lawyer will perform tasks related to all of the Division’s responsibilities and work independently on structured finance operations. He/she will draw up, as necessary, reports on completed transactions and prepare his/her own proposals when consulted on fundamental or unusual issues. He/she will:
- Create the legal framework for financing operations and guarantees, notably structured finance and project finance (drafting, advisory support, conclusion of contracts and completion of all related legal formalities) and monitor these from a legal viewpoint
- Manage high-level contacts and negotiations
- Liaise where necessary with external consultants and supervise their work
- Complete the administrative formalities vis-à-vis clients (public institutions and private enterprises)
- Undertake research and conduct legal studies on problems of law arising in connection with the Bank’s operations and in the context of developing new financial instruments
- University degree in law or equivalent legal professional qualification
- Previous relevant professional experience, notably in the field of structured financing and project financing in a law firm of international repute or a financial institution
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and good command of French. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset
- Familiarity with standard IT tools
- Ability to analyse, summarise and solve problems
- Ability to develop innovative legal solutions
- Ability to draft documents promptly
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Ability to argue convincingly and achieve a consensus among colleagues and third parties on legal matters
- Team player
- Well-organised, with the ability to prioritise (meet deadlines)
Deadline for applications: 26th August 2011
For more details and to apply, please go to https://erecruitment.eib.org selecting Job ID 3866
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff, irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.