ACU Ref: 58885
Closing Date: 23 January 2012
Closing Date 23 January 2012 (midnight UK time)
The University of Leeds is pleased to offer a number of Fully-Funded International Research Scholarships (FIRS), which are available for high quality international students who will be commencing PhD research study from Session 2012/13 for study in any Faculty at the University. The Scholarships may be held for up to three years, subject to satisfactory academic progress. The Scholarships will provide full international fees together with a maintenance grant of £13,590 for Session 2012/13.
Eligibility Criteria - Applicants must:
• have applied for an academic place for PhD research study at the University of Leeds and be in receipt of a University BANNER ID Number (Student ID Number);
• normally be liable to pay academic fees at the full international fee rate;
• hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK First Class Honours degree (applications should either have graduated with the appropriate First Degree or be in their final year of study);
• have already met the University’s English Language requirements. Some Schools require a standard of English higher than the University minimum;
• be commencing PhD research study for the first time in Session 2012/13;
• not already have been awarded a Doctoral degree or equivalent qualification;
• successful award holders must not hold another Scholarship.
Application forms, regulations and guidance notes for completion of applications are available from the web address: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/rsa/postgraduate_scholarships/FIRS-AppForm12
Application forms are also available by email request (email@example.com).
Completed application forms should be returned to the Postgraduate Scholarships Office or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 January 2012 (midnight UK time).
Postgraduate Scholarships Office
Marjorie & Arnold Ziff Building
University of Leeds
Tel: +44 113 3434007