Sandvik Inc seeks
Regional Managers, Indirect Purchasing
Sandvik Inc., a Swedish based international high technology engineering group ,with world leading positions in cemented carbide and high speed steel tools for metal cutting; equipment and tools for mining and construction; and advanced stainless steel, specialty alloy and ceramic resistance products and process systems, has openings for Regional Managers, Indirect Purchasing.
Indirect Purchasing is a global organization with personnel working in all major countries where Sandvik has a significant presence. Indirect Purchasing provides assistance in executing the purchase of Indirect Materials to ensure that the purchased products or services fulfill the requirements of quality, on time delivery and at best total cost level. Stakeholder management is therefore essential for the organization to ensure that our internal customers are satisfied. Indirect Purchasing must have the ability to partner with and understand customer needs and always be available to serve those needs.
The role of a Regional Manager in the Indirect Purchasing organization will be, through successful stake holder management, to develop and manage the indirect purchasing organization serving their assigned Sandvik US sites. This position will play a critical role in the development and execution on Indirect Purchasing business plans and ways of working in the future.
Indirect Purchasing is responsible for all interaction with the supplier market; managing supplier efforts to deliver "right quality, on time and at the best total cost" on all products and services purchased to Sandvik. The Regional Manager's role, together the whole Indirect Purchasing organization, is to ensure that Sandvik leverages the local supplier market in the best way, with an attitude to "like to do business".
Key performance areas
- Develop the new Indirect Purchasing organization at assigned sites.
- Personnel development and management
- Develop strong stakeholder support and cooperation at assigned sites.
- Ensuring that local spend is under management and contract compliance
- Supporting site business planning and savings
- Reporting using established measurement tools
- Implementing national/international Group agreements among assigned Sandvik sites.
The key accountabilities include:
- Successful management of direct reporting indirect purchasers in assigned sites.
- Lead and support peers, providing guidance on all matters within the sourcing process. Act as process leader for continued sourcing process improvement.
- To act as a supplier manager and be accountable for the relationship and the performance of suppliers for the sites in question.
- To manage the key stakeholders on assigned sites on behalf of the global Indirect purchasing organization.
- Provide support to local Buyers for site-specific supplier agreements including RFI, supplier negotiations, and preparation of supplier agreements.
- To ensure the implementation of country-wide/regional/global supplier agreements in compliance with the Indirect Purchasing strategy.
- Ensure measurement tracking of savings and compliance with other synergy process requirements.
- To seek the best possible sourcing decision for assigned sites. Support the identification of new synergy opportunities between assigned sites and / or other US sites.
- To collaborate with the Country Purchasing Manager Indirect, Business Unit representatives and Global Category Management in sourcing decisions.
- On-going communication and change management.
- Manage a portion of US Group Supply agreements as required by Country Purchasing Manager Indirect
- Serve as key contact point for some Global Category Management
- Strong ability to - with a business minded attitude and marketplace knowledge - drive negotiations and supplier interactions in order to deliver the targets.
- Highly motivated, self-directed manager capable of working independently.
- Thorough knowledge of contracts and US contract law.
- Ability to communicate with management and staff at all levels.
- Flexible and open with an ability to work across functional boundaries.
- Good oral/written communication and influencing skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time (mostly domestic with occasional international travel)
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as, opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online to www.sandvik.com/career to the Regional Managers, Indirect Purchasing position, Job Opening #321171.
Due to the expected volume and responses to this ad, only those under consideration for this position will be contacted.
Job ID: 321171