Sandvik is an advanced-technology Engineering Group operating on a global scale throughout 130 countries. We are the UK market-leaders in the manufacture and distribution of High Speed Steel and Solid Carbide Cutting Tools.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a determined and professional Area Sales Engineer to focus on the acquisition of new business, grow our customer base and also to support the introduction of an Indexable carbide program. Ideally, the successful candidate will reside roughly within the Oxford, Reading, and Basingstoke area; however this is preferable but not essential.
The role will require you to:
- Effectively promote and sell our innovative range of tools and solutions.
- Grow business at existing end user and distribution customer level.
- Provide technical advice and support to our customers and ensure their problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Liaise with existing distribution network on mutual end user business, and develop the distribution base in the sales area.
- Co-ordinate "Individual" product promotion campaigns for Key Independent distributors.
- Identify sales opportunities and leads and pass to Key Distributors to maintain/develop market share.
- Discover and cultivate potential new business within your territory and manage existing accounts.
- Identify potential opportunities for engineers to pursue.
The successful candidate will possess the following essential criteria:
- A City & Guilds / BTEC or equivalent level qualification in an Engineering discipline.
- A strong Engineering background with extensive product knowledge and their use/application.
- Strong inter-personal skills and be customer focused.
- Excellent organizational, planning and negotiation skills.
- Effective sales knowledge/techniques and possess the drive, enthusiasm and passion to source new business.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to work under pressure.
- Be IT Literate, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office software.
Closing Date: 5th January 2015
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK or hold a valid permit to work in the UK.
To apply, please click the 'apply now' button below. If you experience any problems, please contact the HR Service Centre on 0800 652 0011.
No agencies please.
Deadline: 05 Jan 2015
Job ID: 333301