ACCA is recruiting for a Director of Education Development.
ACCA is a values-based, global organisation that acts in the public interest, actively promoting ethical business and helping grow economies. We do this by offering business-relevant, professional accounting qualifications which are recognised by employers around the world.
In this new and exciting opportunity you will lead ACCA’s strategy to increase engagement with learning providers and higher education institutions globally, supporting more ACCA students to become members and contributing to ACCA’s growth and reputation as the leading professional accountancy body. ACCA’s leadership team is dispersed around the world enabling ACCA to harness the power of the cultural diversity of our networks, which is unparalleled amongst global professional bodies. As part of the leadership team within the Learning Directorate you will help shape the agenda and strategy for the directorate and represent the directorate both internally and externally.
Your role will be pivotal to the development of ACCA’s partnerships with global learning providers and the strengthening of regional and national learning providers and higher education institution links through close liaison with ACCA’s market based teams; developing relevant products and services and mutually beneficial relationships.
Other key accountabilities include: ensuring ACCA keeps abreast of developments in learning, with particular emphasis on how these affect professional accountancy education and how ACCA should respond; co-ordinating and planning activities in respect of the Learning Support Model being developed for ACCA students and monitoring its successful implementation; leading the provision of tuition support for learning providers and students, working closely with other ACCA teams, such as the e-Delivery and Products teams to develop and implement innovative learning support products and services.
As part of the leadership team within the Learning Directorate you will help shape the agenda and strategy for the directorate and represent the directorate both internally and externally.
Being part of an organisation which aims to make a positive impact on business and society comes with taking responsibility. We therefore seek people with integrity, wanting to undertake meaningful work in a complex and interesting global business environment to join us. In order to meet the demands of this challenging and high profile role you will:
- be a postgraduate or professional qualification holder with relevant work experience in the professional education industry, ideally with international exposure
- have a proven track record of management in a relevant senior role and experience in managing teams of staff
- have a strong understanding of professional education, preferably in accountancy and a very good understanding of stakeholder needs; a good technical understanding of ACCA’s qualifications
- demonstrate commercial and business acumen and the ability to deliver tangible outcomes through working with others
- demonstrate a personal presence, commanding respect from others and positively affect the development of others’ personal impact by acting as a role model
- have experience of formulating strategy as well as developing and improving structures and processes to enable delivery of the strategy
- have knowledge and experience of managing stakeholder relationships
- have a strong teambuilding capability and a participative, open and engaging management and leadership approach
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- be articulate, presentable and professional with experience of effectively presenting to large groups and at conferences
- have experience of cross-functional working and demonstrate good influencing and negotiating skills
- have experience in motivating and managing people with an interest in developing people whilst managing performance
- be comfortable achieving results through others - a collaborative team player
- be able to travel regularly within the UK and internationally
Please forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter, including your current base salary and benefits explaining why you are suitable for this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Director of Education Development’ in the subject line. A full job description and person specification is also available via this email address. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 10 May 2013