Duties & Accountabilities
The incumbent will be part of the PNoWB Secretariat and will report to PNoWB’s Head of Secretariat. His/her principal accountabilities will be as follows:
• Identify and monitor donor requirements and priorities.
• Liaise with funding agencies to implement proposal and reporting requirements.
• Write core-funding and topic-specific funding proposals
• Participate in donor meetings with the Head of Secretariat.
• Upgrade PNoWB’s monitoring and evaluation tools.
• Produce annual and periodic activity reports.
• Work closely with colleagues to ensure that advocacy campaigns and policy products are evidence-informed.
• Work closely with colleagues to capture results and produce case studies for use in both reporting documents and proposal documents.
• Provide PNoWB’s leadership with briefings prior to Board, donor and partner meetings.
• Be prepared to travel and to work long and unsocial hours when needed.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Fluency in English and French with excellent drafting skills in both languages.
• Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in political science, international relations or economy.
• At least three years of relevant work experience, preferably with Parliaments and/or NGOs.
• Very good policy level understanding of international development and finance.
• Self-starter personality; willing and able to work effectively under pressure and as part of a small team in a multicultural environment.
• Effective communication and networking abilities.
• Excellent organizational skills coupled with a strong drive for results and an excellent sense of client orientation.
• Established record of reliability and strong sense of responsibility; mature and flexible personality.
• Proven proficiency using standard software packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint…).
It is imperative that the subject line of your e-mail indicates the reference “PNOWB FME”. Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the subject line of your e-mail. Applications with no references or motivation letter will not be considered as well.