The full Global Health Team – including MCHN, HIV and WASH has over 35 staff spread across 15 countries on five continents. These staff members require Global Centre administrative support.
This position will provide intensive support to the Partnership Leader, Global Health Team, including management of the Partnership Leader's correspondence, schedule and logistical concerns.
The Global Health Team will have two administrative specialists, each assisting a portion of the team. Each global staff member is assigned an administrative specialist based on their geography, and that assistant is their single administrative point of contact. Each assistant is responsible to: engage with their specific administrative question, issue or problem, support them directly in tasks that can best be performed centrally, and provide clear guidance, in the form of brief ‘how-to’ guides and ‘help-desk’ style support, on tasks that can best be performed by individual staff members. Each administrative specialist will also provide additional support to the Partnership Leader as needed.
Manage e-mail and schedule for Partnership Leader
Administrative support to portfolio of Health & WASH Team members
Consultant contract & invoice processing
Meeting Support - in person and virtual
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Minimum Education, Training and Experience Requirements to Qualify for the Position:
Academic, technical skills or other knowledge required as a minimum qualification for this position.
1. Knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training, though some college preferable
2. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong customer service skills and proven flexibility to work well with others with diverse personal styles.
3. Excellent personal task and time management skills.
Additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position.
1. 3-5 years of administrative experience
2. Normal office software experience, e.g., Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, e-mail, web
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
List academic, technical skills or other knowledge preferred for this position.
1. Knowledge of global health
2. Knowledge of international development
3. Additional software experience: Microsoft SharePoint, WebEx, other online collaboration and meeting software a plus.
Additional work experience preferred for this position.
1. Executive e-mail and scheduling experience
2. Experience communicating with senior executives
3. Experience in multi-cultural environment, accomodating for multiple time zones
1. Efficiently process executive e-mail, highlighting items for executive's attention, responding when appropriate, re-routing when appropriate,
2. Accountable to complete projects and tasks for multiple clients.
3. Confidential handling of Partnership Leader's e-mail.
4. Self starter who can problem solve independently
5. Can work under pressure of simultaneous tasks
1. Draft new administrative procedures and keep toolkit of procedures up to date, in collaboration with the Support Team.
2. Resourcefully find appropriate solutions to administrative needs of internal clients.
3. Can discern and prioritize urgent issues and communication
Self Managing Capabilities:
1. Tactfully negotiate priorities and timelines with multiple internal clients.
2. Diligently seek to expand own knowledge and skill set in the course of doing the job and from available learning opportunities.
1. Proven flexibility to work well with others with diverse personal styles