UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is seeking a candidate for the following vacant position: Private Sector Fundraising (PSFR) Administrative Associate (G-6), located in Brussels, Belgium.
The Administrative Associate will support the Senior PSFR Officer in ensuring information in UNHCR’s reporting system (MSRP) is correct and up to date, and ensures that there is adequate oversight and control of the PSFR investment and income recording in the specified region. The incumbent will work with fundraising staff and admin/finance staff in the Fundraising Operations and National Associations in the region, as well as with the Fundraising Support Unit in PSFR Geneva. The incumbent will also work with the (Regional) Admin Finance Officer to help address budgetary issues and reporting, to ensure accuracy and consistency of budgetary and financial information, and to ensure that up-to-date and detailed budgetary and financial information pertaining to the geographical area of responsibility is available for regular scheduled reporting and on request, as required. This includes budgetary and contractual status information on UNHCR staff and affiliate workforce staff (e.g. UNOPS, consultants), as well as on administrative budget (ABOD) and operational projects under all sources of funding.
The responsibilities of the PSFR Admin Associate include:
- Assist the Senior PSFR Officer and PSFR’s regional partners with the preparation of the annual budget, budget analysis and financial planning, according to the budget formats provided by the Fundraising Support Unit in Geneva;
- Assist the Senior PSFR Officer and PSFR’s regional partners with the preparation of the annual, quarterly, mid-year and monthly income and expenditure reports, according to the formats provided by Fundraising Support Unit in Geneva;
- Assist the Senior PSFR Officer and PSFR’s regional partners with ad-hoc global reviews, internal controls, audits and quality reviews;
- Assist the Senior PSFR Officer and PSFR’s regional partners to keep track of significant variances between the approved budget and actual results and implementation rates, through clear reporting, whilst ensuring timely budget expenditure revisions and income forecasts are made and submitted to the Fundraising Support Unit in Geneva;
- Ensure accurate and timely income recording in MSRP and monthly reconciliation of the income accounts managed by PSFR;
- Ensure accurate and timely expenditure recording in MSRP (up to the PSFR Site Code detail levels) and monthly reconciliation of expenditure linked to PSFR-managed budgets in the region;
- Assist in the recruitment of staff and any affiliated workforce including advertising of vacancies, collecting candidate applications, and all administrative aspects of the recruitment, archiving and maintaining records and liaising with the relevant counterparts to ensure appointments are achieved as planned;
- Prepare and maintains regular reports on projects, procurement submissions and other inventory reports pertaining to the PSFR region and the regional activities;
- Ensure best practices and procedures for financial and administrative management and office management are implemented and assist in organizing and providing training and advice when required;
- Assist in processing procurement submissions, processing Individual Consultancy contracts, Issuing requisitions and purchase orders and review spending authorities, linked to goods and services procured by PSFR in the region when required;
- Support the PSFR staff in the region with travel requests and travel plans and bookings, when required;
- Support PSFR staff with the venue selection and administration of meetings, skill-shares and other events as planned in the region when required;
- Perform other related duties as required.
The incumbent must be able to work independently due to the technical nature of the work and liaise directly with regional and Headquarters units for problem solving and consultations.
- Completion of secondary education with post-secondary certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources or other related fields;
- Minimum 6 years of relevant working experience, preferably with UNHCR or another UN Agency;
- Excellent finance skills;
- Strong ability to produce and analyse reports rapidly;
- Excellent computer skills and practical experience in working with Excel and an ERP or similar accounting system;
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of French and/or Dutch.
- Knowledge of UNHCR administrative and financial rules and procedures;
- Experience in working with MSRP (internal UNHCR’s ERP);
- Good knowledge of MS Office including Access.
Desired start date
As soon as possible
Interested candidates are invited to fill in the Personal History (P.11) form which can be obtained atwww.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc. Completed forms are to be submitted by December 7th 2015 at 00:00h with a motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with “PSFR Admin Associate (G-6)” in the subject. No late applications will be accepted.
Please note this vacancy will be open in first instance to internal candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates for interviews will be contacted.