EUROPOL - European Police Office
The Hague, Netherlands
At Europol, we are devoted to making Europe a safer place for all its citizens.
Europol is the European law enforcement agency. Europol supports law enforcement authorities in Europe and throughout the world in preventing and combating serious international crime and terrorism. We are contributing to a safer Europe through exchange and analysis of criminal intelligence. Europol applies a policy of equal opportunity for men and women. Working for an organisation with a mission as such as Europol is both challenging and rewarding, making you a real agent for change. If you are looking for a fulfilling career in a fast-paced dynamic environment, join us to make Europe safer.
The successful applicant will have to carry out the following main duties:
- Provide general administrative and secretarial support;
- Keep track of pending files and monitor outstanding tasks, deadlines and requests;
- Assist with the preparation of meetings and follow-up including preparation of documents, archiving files and taking minutes related to the area of work;
- Manage common mailboxes, handle incoming and outgoing internal and external mail and handle incoming telephone calls;
- Assist in drafting memos and other correspondence, register correspondence in the electronic Document Management System and archive of documents;
- Keep the diary of the Business Area up to date and schedule various internal and external meetings;
- Perform any other task in the area of competence as identified by the line manager.
We are looking for candidates from all EU Member States, who have:
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience gained after the award of the diploma;
- Experience in drafting correspondence, combined with excellent ability to prepare and draft documentation in English;
- Experience in working with document management systems;
- Experience in working in a multicultural, multidisciplinary environment;
- Specific training in secretarial field.
Indicative monthly salary:
|Proven professional experience||Indicative monthly net salary without allowances||Indicative monthly net salary with allowances ( if applicable1)|
|13||Up to 7 years||2,913.51 EUR||4,200.78 EUR|
|14||More than 7 years||3,143.75 EUR||4,635.04 EUR|
|16||More than 20 years||3,927.65 EUR||5,651.52 EUR|
In addition, if applicable, allowances such as expatriation allowance, household allowance, dependent child allowance and education may be granted. Europol also offers a comprehensive welfare package.
For a full description of the tasks and responsibilities, of the eligibility criteria and of the selection criteria (professional experience, professional knowledge, technical and social skills and competencies) and of the conditions of employment, please refer to the Vacancy Notice Ref. No. Europol/2015/CA/FGII/011 on Europol’s website.
How to apply:
Please refer to the EUROPOL RECRUITMENT GUIDELINES available on Europol’s websitewww.europol.europa.eu for further details on the application process and the selection procedure. You can apply until 05 January 2016.
1This indicative salary calculation took into account the expatriation, household and 1 dependent child allowance.