- United States (Washington, DC)
Description:The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and journalists to build the civic institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE's key program areas include anti-corruption, advocacy, business associations, corporate governance, democratic governance, access to information, the informal sector and property rights, and women and youth.
The Information Officer/Analyst position is responsible for the general administration of the existing CIPE Grants and Finance Database to ensure its ongoing operational availability to CIPE staff. This should consist of the following:
- Oversee vendor to complete CMRS
- Own product management of CMRS (point of contact, update and maintain lists)
- Be responsible for data integrity and quality control of the database, including:
- Analyze database usage and recommend to CIPE management needed upgrades or improvements, including moving to a higher level database language when applicable
- Perform periodic back-ups of the database.
- Proactively monitor database system resources.
- Develop, in conjunction with various user groups, standard management reports and documents from information stored in database.
- Program other database enhancements as required.
- Troubleshooting; Ability to identify and solve problems up to and including vendor selection and management In addition to the above the position will provide front-line support for the users of the Database including:
- Act as a point of contact for the Users, captures feedback and responds to user recommendations and questions
- Work with existing third party Help Desk vendor providing off-site services, to handle routine maintenance and upgrades
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant experience required
- 3-5 years general business experience including experience with relational databases, including programming and data retrieval.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Access and/or SQL server and MS Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint) and Microsoft operating systems (XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Mac OS/X).
- Good communications skills and ability to work with diverse groups of staff.
- Ability to handle deadlines and strong project management skills
- Strong vendor management skills preferred
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task required
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject "IT-[YOURLASTNAME]". No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls.
CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas. CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.