bioRe Tanzania Ltd, founded in 1994, is one of the most successful and largest organic cotton production in Africa.
bioRe Tanzania Ltd is looking for a demonstration farm coordinator to join our team of 60 people to strengthen our ongoing project at our demo farm and our long-standing efforts at improving the sustainability and productivity of agriculture in a rain-fed cotton growing region. Our mission is to work with smallholders to enhance their quality of life through sustainable social, economic and ecological improvements.
This position offers several unique opportunities:
- Maintain and innovate on the existing bioRe demo farm
- Work closely with village demo farms and the lead farmers amongst our 2000+ farmers
- Opportunity to work with other experts in the field, both in Tanzania and overseas
This is a leadership position in a collaborative work environment. The Coordinator will be supported to implement an innovative vision. Effective project management skills and the ability to follow through on goals are essential.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English and Swahili. A history of a successful project manager, strong decision making ability, close attention to detail and a good team spirit are equally important. This position involves the ability to coordinate between the bioRe demo farm at the headquarter, and demo farm operations in the 15 neighboring villages.
- Manage the Demonstration Farm at the Headquarter and at village levels.
- Work with executive team members to develop and implement a Strategic Plan and multi-annual plan for experiments and tests
- Serve as the operational point of contact for the Demo Farm
- Support the training of staff and farmer education
- Provide support for area farmers including workshops, focus groups, farmer trainings
- Introduce new ideas on improving organic cotton productivity and securing sustainability of production
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes a competitive salary, commensurate with previous work experience.
Benefits include 28 days annual leave, all public holidays, paid sick leave. This position is guaranteed for three years, with the possibility of extending contract based on work performance.
- At least 5 years of work experience in agriculture, project management, preferably in organic farming, cotton farming and/or a demo farm
- University degree in agriculture or related
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience working with farmers in rain fed, rural environments
- Excellent past work references
- Strong commitment to organic agriculture
This position opened on October 1st 2011, and review of applications will start on October 30th 2011. Potential starting date is as early as November 15th 2011. Please send a cover letter and a resume, including picture, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: JOB DEMO FARM APPLICATION.