BiDx has launched its new entrepeneurship web-platform www.bidnetwork.org on February 23rd 2012 and is taking the next steps for the future to launch a 2nd release by September 2012 and a 3rd release in 2013. The site has 40,000 members, developers in Amsterdam, a server environment in the USA and the white-labeling of its own platform to subscribing communities worldwide.
BiDx is a new web services company which currently operates the world's largest online community for entrepreneurs in developing countries through its partner www.bidnetwork.org. It is continuously re-developing and improving its web-platform to facilitate the start, growth and finance of small and medium sized businesses in developing countries. BiDx is a limited company owned by the BiD Network Foundation and Mekar Sampoerna PTE Ltd of Indonesia.
As the infrastructure engineer you will be responsible for maintaining the current infrastructure supporting the BiDX web platform in order to meet development needs, ensure proper transition of the code from development, through testing and quality assurance to production environments. You will also be responsible for implementing all changes, improvements and optimizations in the new infrastructure in order to commercialize the BiDX platform as a SaaS.
- Experience of building and maintaining real-time redundancy of a platform.
- Database servers such as MySQL or MariaDB (ideally with optimization and replication skills)
- Experience of load balancing between servers
- Experience working closely with a development team
- Linux server administration (ideally Redhat and Ubuntu server)
- Integration servers (ideally Jenkins/Hudson)
- Bash, perl and other scripting languages
- Securing a server
- Content Delivery Networks such as Akamai or limelight
- Strong DNS skills
- Experience with cloud providers (e.g. Rackspace, Amazon EC2, Go Grid...)
- Security Certification (e.g. CISSP, CISM, GIAC, CEH...)
- Professional penetration testing experience
- Load balancing concepts
- Drupal CMS 6+
- Alfresco 3.3+
- Apache Solr 1.4+
- Memcached, APC and other PHP caching tools
- Other web servers/proxies/accelerators such as nginx or varnish
- Monitoring tools such as Nagios and Munin
What we offer
A full-time and and challenging position at a young, dynamic and international company. We offer a competitive salary with benefits. Our office is located in the centre of Amsterdam, next to the Central Station.
How to apply
If you would like to join us, please send your CV and motivation letter to jobs [at] bidnetwork.org and apply by 30 April 2012.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy please contact Sara Muller at +31(0)20-7555009