Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The COC is seeking a dynamic individual to join its Toronto office. Working with the Marketing artnerships team, the Coordinator, Marketing Partnerships will be responsible for all aspects of supporting partner relations including program development support, approvals, client servicing support and administration. Working under the direction of the Manager, Marketing Partnerships, this individual will support our overall marketing strategy, working with other departments: Marketing Partnerships, Brand Marketing, Communications, Digital, Community Relations, Sport and the Canadian Olympic Foundation.
Core Responsibilities and Priorities:
- Support the approval process for Partner marks use and activation plans.
- Liaise with the COC’s Sport group to ensure proper delivery of sponsor benefits and to build programs/activate against Games related programs.
- Work within the Marketing Partnerships team to establish a detailed service plan that supports and enhances sponsor programs.
- Supports the marketing partnerships team with brand and commercial rights monitoring, specifically in Canada during Games.
- Administration support with partner servicing and those partners that service and support our sport department in Ottawa
- Develop and strengthen the Canadian Olympic Team brand and sub-brands with Partners ad in the Canadian Marketplace, specifically within the official outfitter and packaged goods categories.
- Work closely with the COC’s Brand Marketing team to execute COC programs and events with Partner activations; specifically supporting communication on Partner sponsorship, recognition and internal event engagement.
- Keep COC staff informed of all Partner Olympic-related activities.
- Maintain sponsor contact reports as well as supporting growth of COC and Olympic marketing
- Work closely with the Digital/Communications teams to leverage Canadian Olympic Team online and social media opportunities for Partners.
- Grow technical and professional knowledge of the Sports Marketing industry and the sponsors’, and prospective sponsors’, industries in particular.
Qualifications and Critical Skills
- University degree or equivalent
- 3-4 years of proven marketing experience within sponsorship and/or sports marketing.
- Passionate about sport from grassroots to high performance.
- Best in class client service experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Bilingualism (French, English) is an asset.
- Strong time management skills to meet deadlines and deploy resources in areas that
have greatest positive impact on results.
- Self starter and ability to work effectively within a team concept.
- Strong balance between vision and attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various internal and external colleagues/stakeholders.
- Digital/social media familiarity, experience with platforms an asset.
- Strong computer software expertise required, including Power Point, Word, Excel, Outlook. Microsoft Project expertise is an asset.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by April 5, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Olympic Committee is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to sport excellence. It is responsible for all aspects of Canada's involvement in the Olympic Movement, including Canada's participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games and a wide variety of programs that promote the Olympic Movement in Canada through cultural and educational means.
First recognized by the International Olympic Committee in 1907, the COC has evolved into a multi-faceted sport organization providing financial support, services and leadership to the Canadian amateur high performance sport community.
The COC is proud to be a member of the Olympic Family and a promoter of the Olympic Movement.