ICL (www.iclfertilizers.com), is a global manufacturer of products based on unique minerals, fulfills humanity’s essential needs, primarily in three markets: agriculture, food and engineered materials.
A key member of ICL Afar – Danakhil Potash Project Team (Integral section of the ICL Mega Projects Team), the “Health, Safety and Environment Manager” (HSEM) will be responsible for overseeing the full spectrum of all the HSE elements for the project site in Dallol, enabling full integration with all other relevant disciplines and areas within the project. The HSE Manager will report directly to the Project Director.
- Successful candidate shall be prepared to work extensive periods away from country of domicile in various potential locations
- Readily available to work in African Nations for extended periods
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop ICL Mega Project HSE Policy
- Set clear standards for issue with future Mega Project tenders
- Will own generating an HSE network across all contractors ad EPC's working for ICL and in other projects around
- Develop methodology for pre-qualification of contractors
- Set appropriate leading and lagging KPI’s
- Set accident, incident and near miss policy and procedures
- Develop Danakhil Potash Project HSE policy integrated to above where possible
- Integration of International and local legislation into the Policies and Procedures
- Will work with all contractors and EPC to assure proper HSE plans in place and execution, monitor and take the proper actions to assure HSE processes are executed per plan. This will include approval of all HSE CPEP's and define the tracking mechanism.
- Recruitment and management of project HSE Team
- Management of ICL Site Staff and site plans from HSE perspective
Education and Experience:
- Degree or Engineering Technology diploma or combination of education and experience. Possessing journeyman certificates in one or more trades would be an asset
- More than 10 years in HSE management , with Mega Projects experience involving international HSE standards
- Experience in operating multi-disciplined and multi-cultural site contracts
- Varied HSE experience across African Nations is an advantage
- Significant project experience in construction of chemical, mining facilities or similar
- Supervisory experience over other construction specialists, engineers, technologists and trades
- Familiar with EPC/EPCM and other contracting methodologies and strategies
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills are required as well as a high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with multicultural people at all levels of the organization.
For consideration email your typed application and resume, include 2 referees’ email contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.