Nutrition Analyst (SC9, Hargeisa, for Somali nationals only):
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Somalia Representative, the FSNAU Chief Technical Adviser (CTA), and under direct supervision of the Nutrition Technical Manager, the Nutrition Analyst will provide programme support in the monitoring and reporting of the food security situation in Somalia.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead nutrition situation analysis in North West region of Somalia ( Somaliland), by; Develop and maintain an up-to-date work plan for the NW region, and coordinate its implementation
• Coordinate data collection through the nutritional surveillance system (nutrition surveys, rapid assessments, health facilities, sentinel sites surveillance)
• Analyze data generated through the nutritional surveillance system (assessments, sentinel sites surveillance) using the appropriate computer software (E.g. Epi info and nutrisurvey)
• Provide technical and operational support and guidance to the zonal team.
• Budget, manage and account for finances for the various activities undertaken within the zone.
• Ensure monthly and quarterly reports are submitted to the Nutrition Technical Manager in Nairobi on a timely basis
• Manage the field staff based in Somaliland, review their performance /evaluation)
• Identify capacity deficits among staff members in the NW zone and recommend appropriate ways of addressing them
• Ensure compliance to FAO administrative guidelines by staff members in the zone (with particular attention to those related to travel procedures and security).
• Identify and strengthen partnerships
• Identify capacity deficits among partners in Somaliland and take steps to build their capacity through (SMART training, supervisor training, data analysis/reporting)
• Set up and conduct training for the technical focal points of partner agencies in the designated zone
• Coordinate with partners at country, zonal and regional levels during surveillance and dissemination of Nutrition information
• Support the team in the development and maintenance of professional relationships with key partners in Somaliland and Nairobi.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of specific research initiatives related to nutrition and food security in Somalia.
• Ensure that the nutrition databases are maintained and updated with relevant information from the relevant zone
• Represent the FSNAU Nutrition team in interagency and nutrition cluster meetings as directed by the Nutrition Technical Manager and in line with key areas of FAO’s programme work and research.
• Contribute to the production and dissemination of nutrition information through FSNAU’s routine bulletins.
• Contribute to the nutrition assessment reports produced by other team members providing constructive criticism and additional input and advice where appropriate.
• Provide support to cover the gaps and delegate the relevant responsibilities and activities to the remaining team members to ensure all areas of the project are being supported in the absence of key responsible staff and in consultation with the Nutrition Technical Manager., Co-ordinate all information flow from field staff to a central point during onset of sudden shocks such as conflict and floods
• Act as mentor to all new field Nutrition Analysts
• Monitor communication with partners in relation to assessment planning and analysis – linked to improved coordination at Nairobi and field level.
• Disseminate information and communication through ad-hoc reports, contributions to other reports (FSNAU, UNDP, OCHA etc) to interested parties
• Perform other related duties as required.Minimum requirements Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Public Health or related degree from a recognized university
• 5 years relevant work experience in nutrition analysis
• Proficiency in analytical software including SPSS, EPinfo, ENA
• Previous experience working in Somalia will be an added advantage.
• Technical Competencies
• Advanced data interpretation and analysis skills
• Excellent communication skills to build understanding and support
• Flexibility to engage in in continuous learning
• Excellent planning and organization skills in order to deliver quality results
• Good understanding of FAO’s mandate and its global context
• Ability to work cohesively in a team, good networking and partnership skills.
Working knowledge (level C) of the FAO official language used for communication within the country (English, French or Spanish) and working knowledge of the local language(s) is required.
Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange) etc. Ability to use accounting software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.
Office Management Skills:
Systematic, well-structured and efficient approach to work assignments. Analytical ability, accuracy and consistency. Exercise diligence and care in dealing with records and expenditures.
Interpersonal Communications and Teamwork Skills:
The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment. Tact and courtesy. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural background.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are required to submit (1) a covering letter, (2) detailed Curriculum Vitae and (3) Personal Profile form (PPF) from FAO iRecruitment. To create the PPF, please follow the instructions available at: http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/In order for your application to be properly evaluated, please ensure that all sections of the on-line profile are completed.
Please send your application to HR-Somalia@fao.org quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. “Nutrition Analyst Hargeisa, FAO 36 2015”in the subject heading.
Applications received after the closing date and applications without all the specified/ required documents will not be given consideration. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Tuesday, November 10, 2015
Now we have an open position of Desktop Engineer on long-term project for the Multinational Consulting Company, with location in Belgium...
MATOKEO YA KIDATO CHA NNE (CSEE) 2011 LINK1 MATOKEO YA KIDATO CHA NNE (CSEE) 2011 LINK2 MATOKEO YA KIDATO...
Снятие верхнего жгутового покрова кабеля вручную, резка кабеля, изготовление мелких деталей крепления и прокладок, установка деталей. Монт...
Key Tasks and Responsibilities Assist EVPA’s Head of Policy as well as Public Affairs Manager in the implementation of EVPA policy-relate...
The consultant/s shall be requested to perform various tasks related to the projects, products, applications and services managed by the IC...
Η Μόνιμη Αντιπροσωπεία της Κύπρου στην ΕΕ δέχεται αιτήσεις για 1 κενή θέση Γραφέα/Δακτυλογράφου με όρους επιτόπιου προσωπικού, στη βάση πλή...
EUREKA is an intergovernmental network that promotes and supports transnational research and development activities, many involving small...
Systems Consultant - ( 1700001V ) Description The consultant/s will undertake several sub-tasks that fall under the domain...
Deadline : 14 Apr 2017 Interview dates : 21 Apr 2017 Salary : $30,000-$35,000 per annum It’s hard to believe that today over 663 mi...
Die oberfränkische CSU-Europaabgeordnete Monika Hohlmeier sucht für ihr Büro im Europäischen Parlament in Brüssel eine/n parlamentarische...
Accountant ACDI/VOCA ACTED Action Against Hunger ActionAid ADB African Development Bank ADB Asian Development Bank Administrative Administrative Assistant Advisor Afdb African Development Bank Afghanistan afr Africa Development Bank Africa Nazarene University Africa Union African Barrick Gold Africare AfricaRice Aga Khan University Agricultural Airtel Jobs Algeria American Embassy American Bar Association American Red Cross Amnesty Amnesty International Amref AngloGold Ashanti Angola Argentina ASIA DEVELOPMENT BANK ASIA JOBS Asian Development Bank AdB AU AFRICAN UNION Auditor Australia Austria Aviation Jobs BA British Airways Bank for International Settlements BANK JOBS BANK OF RWANDA Bank of Tanzania Barclays Bank Barrick Gold BBC WORLD SERVICE Belgian Development Agency Belgium Brussels BiRD Bureau for Institutional Reform and Democracy Botswana Brazil British Council British Red Cross Burkina Faso Burundi CANADA Cardno Care International Carter Center Catholic Relief Services Chad CHAI Clinton Health Access Initiative Chemonics International Chevron ChildFund International Chile CHINA Christian Aid CIMMYT International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center Civil Engineers Climate Change Coca-Cola Company Coffey International COMESA Commonwealth Communications Officer Community Development Congo Conservation International Consultancy COOPI Côte d'Ivoire Crown Agents Group Danish Refugee Council (DRC) DataBase Management Dell Deloitte Denmark DFID DHL Diageo Director DRC Democratic Republic of the Congo DRIVER EAC EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY EAST AFRICA COMMUNITY Economist ECOWAS Education Egerton University EGPAF Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation EGYPT Electrical Engineer Electrical Engineering Embassy Jobs EMBL - European Molecular Biology Laboratory Energy Careers EngenderHealth Engineering England Environmental Ethiopia Etihad Airways EU Delegation European Union Jobs Family Health International Fao Food and Agriculture Organization FHI360 Fiji FINANCE Finance and Administration Finca Finland Ford Foundation France Freedom House Futures Group Geita Gold Mine GEOLOGIST Germany Ghana Goal Ireland Gold Fields Goldfields Google Jobs Governance Greenpeace Guatemala Haiti HANDICAP INTERNATIONAL Health and Medical HEALTH JOBS HelpAge International Honduras HOTEL JOBS Huawei Human Resources Human Rights Human Rights Watch I-TECH IAEA International Atomic Energy Agency IATA Air Transport Association IAVI International AIDS Vaccine Initiative IBM Software Group ICAP ICC International Criminal Court ICT JOBS IFAD International Fund for Agricultural Development IFC International Finance Corporation IGAD region IITA International Institute of Tropical Agriculture ILO International Labour Organization ILRI International Livestock Research Institute IMF International Monetary Fund Indonesia Industrial Insurance Inter-American Development Bank International AIDS Society International Alert International Criminal Court INTERNATIONAL GRAINS COUNCIL International Potato Center (CIP) International Rescue Committee Internews Europe INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES Internships INTERPOL IntraHealth IOM International Organization for Migration Iraq IRC International Rescue Committee IRCT International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims Islamic development bank Islamic Relief Israel Italy ITU International Telecommunications Union IUCN The International Union for Conservation IWMI International Water Management Institute J/P HRO Japan Jhpiego JOB IN INDIA Jobs in India JOBS IN RWANDA Jordan KCB Kenya Commercial Bank Kenya Airways Kenyatta University Korea KPMG Kuwait Latin America Lecturer LEGAL JOBS Lesotho Liberia LIBRARIAN Libya Logistics LWR Lutheran World Relief Maersk Makerere University Malaria Consortium Malawi Malaysia Mali Management Systems International (MSI) MANAGERS Marie Stopes International Marketing MCC Millennium Challenge Corporation Mechanical Engineer Médecins Sans Frontières MEDIA JOBS Mekong River Commission Mercy Corps Mexico Microsoft Middle East Jobs MINING Moi University Mombasa Monitoring and Evaluation Manager Mozambique Msh Management Sciences for Health MTN Group Myanmar Namibia National University of Rwanda NATO Nederland NEPAD Netherlands New Zealand NGO JOBS Nigeria Nokia Norway Norwegian Refugee Council OCHA UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs Office Attendants Oikocredit Oil and Gas OPEC Open Society Foundations Operations Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe Oxfam Pact International PAHO Pan American Health Organization Pakistan Pan American Health Organization Panama Path International Pathfinder International Peace Corps Peru PHILIPPINES Plan International Poland Presbyterian University of East Africa Procurement Progressio Psi Population Services International Public Relation Puma Energy PwC PricewaterhouseCoopers Qatar Quality Assurance RECEPTIONISTS RECORDS MANAGEMENT Red Cross Jobs Republic of Kenya Researcher Restless Development Revenue Watch Institute Rio Tinto Room to Read Russia SABMiller SADC SAFARICOM JOBS SALES Sales and Marketing Saudi Arabia Save The Children Scholarships SECRETARY SECURITY JOBS Senegal Shell Group Shelter For Life Sierra Leone Sightsavers International Singapore SNV International Software Engineering SOKOINE UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE Solidarités International somalia Sony Ericsson South Africa South America South Sudan Jobs Spain SPC Secretariat of the pacific community Sri Lanka sSierra Leone Standard Bank Group STATISTICIAN Stores SUPPLIES OFFICER Survey Swaziland Sweden Switzerland TANESCO Tanzania Tanzania Investment Bank Teaching TECHNICIANS Technoserve TELECOM JOBS Tender Tetra Tech ARD Thailand The Commonwealth The European Chemicals Agency Tigo Timor Leste Togo Tourism Tourism and Hospitality Toyota Transparency International (TI) Trócaire Tunisia Turkey UGANDA JOBS UK United KingDom UNAIDS UNDP UNESCO UNFPA UNICEF Unilever Careers United Arab Emirates United Nations Jobs United States Of America UNIVERSITY University of Cambridge University of Edinburgh University of Ghana University of Nairobi University of Oxford University of Pretoria University of Swaziland Unwomen US Embassy USAID Utumishi Jobs Vodacom Vodafone Group Volunteers VSO War Child International WaterAid International Web Development WEST AFRICA JOBS Western Union Company Wetlands InternationaL WFP World Food Programme Winrock International World Bank Jobs World Food Programme World Health Organization World Society for the Protection of Animals World Vision Jobs WorldFish Center WWF International Yahoo Yemen Zambia Zanzibar Zimbabwe