|Vacancy No: DHAKA/2015/05|
Title: Procurement Officer, Skills 21
Contract type: Fixed-term Appointment
Duration of contract: One year (with possibility of renewal)
|Date: 12 November 2015|
Application Deadline (midnight Geneva time) 26 November 2015
(8 day(s) until closing deadline)
Currently accepting applications
Organization unit: CO-DHAKA
Duty Station: Dhaka, Bangladesh
|For any questions related to this post, please contact Mr Srinivas B. Reddy, firstname.lastname@example.org|
Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General.
In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the following vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their curriculum vitae online by the above date (midnight Geneva time).
Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A one-year fixed-term contract will be given. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates
Conditions of employment are described in Appendix II.
The Office is a non-smoking environment.
Skills Development is high on the development agenda of Bangladesh and is reflected in its Seventh Five Year Plan covering 2016-20 (7FYP) as well as in the country submission to the UN on the post-2015 development agenda.
The ILO has supported the Government of Bangladesh in reforming its Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system for the past 7 years through partnership with the EC. This work has resulted in the development of a National Skills Development System including Policy, Legislative, Regulatory, and Institutional environment. The National Skills Development Council (NSDC), with the Prime Minister serving as the Chair of the Council, is responsible for national policy implementation, coordination amongst line ministries, and cooperation with the private sector. The overall objective of the ILO's partnership in improving the education and training sector is to better link education and training to current and emerging specific demands in national employment and to development objectives.
Skills 21 is a four-year project intended as a catalyst towards realizing a quality, private-sector driven, inclusive training system for Bangladesh. It builds on successful past projects that built the policy and governance structures needed to manage a comprehensive system that is responsive to market needs and ensures access and inclusion for all. Subject to approval of the Project by the Donor, the ILO will be engaged to implement the Project in conjunction with Ministry of Education, NSDC Secretariat, Ministry of Expatriates Welfare and Overseas Employment, and Ministry of Youth as well as employers and workers groups.
The overall objective of the Project is to increase productivity and better employment opportunities through an inclusive, demand-driven, and interlinked skills development system responding to the needs of the labour market. The four result areas and Components of the Project are:
1. A National Qualification Framework (NQF) as basis for smooth integration of TVET into the education system is established
2. A sustainable capacity development programme for key implementers (e.g. trainers, assessors and managers) is in place
3. TVET model institutions as support mechanism for the expansion of the National Training and Vocational Qualifications Framework (NTVQF) are developed according to local labour needs
4. Mechanisms leading to development of SWAP for the skills sector are strengthened
The Project will be led by a Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) who will report to Country Director, who is the ILO responsible official for this programme of work. The Procurement Officer will plan, develop and manage all aspects of procurement transactions of the project and will report to the CTA. Technical monitoring and backstopping for this project will be primarily the responsibility of the ILO Decent Work Team for South Asia, located in New Delhi, India. Technical advice and support will be provided by the Skills and Employability Branch, Employment Department, ILO, Geneva. Technical inputs will also be provided as appropriate by other departments and offices of the ILO in Geneva and the ILO Regional Office in Bangkok.
|Description of Duties|
1. Analyse procurement plans submitted by Requesting units. Plan associated procurement actions, involving analysis of a wide range of procurement issues, and identification of possible courses of action.
2. Engage in consultations with the Requesting officer(s) and provide advice on the specifications, delivery dates, possible suppliers and optimal procurement strategy.
3. Prepare, oversee the preparation of and conduct Requests for Quotations (RFQs), Invitations to Bid (ITBs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) using, where applicable, ILO e-tendering system. Analyse and evaluate vendors' proposals in respect of the Organization's requirements.
4. Provide technical support on all aspects of bid evaluations related to worldwide procurement of diverse services and commodities, taking into account local economic and other conditions.
5. Participate in negotiations with senior vendor representatives.
6. Develop and formulate procurement project strategies and design solutions to resolve issues/conflicts arising from complex procurement projects, in consultation with the supervisor.
7. Prepare purchase orders and submit them for approval in ILO ERP system (IRIS). Sign purchase orders up to the authorized limit, and in cases where the amount exceeds authorized signature authority, under the supervision of the Principal Procurement Specialist prepare submissions to the Headquarters Procurement Review Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
8. Draft and oversee the drafting of contracts and provide advice to Requesting units and recipient entities on contractual clauses in consultation with concerned legal specialists as required. Ensure adherence to contractual agreements, recommend amendments and extensions of contracts, and advise concerned parties on contractual rights and obligations.
9. Extract specific data, compile and maintain statistics and prepare analytical reports for management relating to the procurement activities of the Office.
10. Conduct market research to keep abreast of significant market developments, research and analyse statistical data and market reports on the world commodity situation, production patterns and availability of good and services. Identify new technologies and products/services, evaluate and propose potential supply sources to supervisor, and participate in the incorporation of research results into the procurement program.
11. Act as back-up for assigned procurement projects.
12. Assist, guide and, if required, supervise junior procurement staff and interns.
First level university degree in business administration, commerce, law or other relevant field.
At least five years of progressively responsible experience, with at least three years at the international level,
English fluency. Working knowledge of a second ILO language is desired. Knowledge of the local language - Bengali would be an advantage
The applicant should have the following ILO core competencies as they relate to the job:
- Management of human and financial resources, including transparent communication and conflict resolution
- Orientation to change - ability to live and work in a developing country; ability to appreciate and support a TVET system in transition
- Collaboration - work effectively with a large team of the international and national professionals, various government agencies, funding and development partners, such as CIDA and the EC, NGOs, and ILO technical units
- Communication - write and edit reports and publications; lead workshops, conferences and working teams
- Sensitivity to diversity - work effectively with multi-national, multi-ethnic project team members and have a gender sensitive behaviour and attitude
- Client orientation - understand and respond to needs of various government agencies, representatives of employers and of trade unions, other international agencies, NGOs, and financial partners
- Orientation to learning and knowledge - teach national staff, assess progress and recommend them or training and other professional development activities
- Taking responsibility for performance - manage the staff, funds, time and other resources efficiently in order to achieve results.
In addition to the ILO core competencies, this position requires:
- Ability to use analytical tools and qualitative and quantitative techniques. Ability to conceptualise, plan, coordinate and conduct straightforward research work and apply laws, regulations and policies. Knowledge of office financial rules and regulations. Knowledge of negotiated procurement procedures and the pertinent laws and regulations. Computer and data management skills
- Knowledge and skills sufficient to evaluate bids and to recommend competitive ranges.
- Capability to guide and coordinate work of others.
|APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED DIRECTLY IF SELECTED FOR WRITTEN TEST.|
|APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED DIRECTLY IF SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW.|
|APPENDIX II CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT|
Please note that the above salary levels are determined according to the criteria established by the International Civil Service Commission. The ILO is international public sector employer and salary and other employment conditions are not negotiable.
Other allowances and benefits subject to specific terms of appointment:
Recruitment is normally made at the initial step in the grade.
Salaries and emoluments are exempt from taxation by the Swiss authorities and, on the basis of international agreements or national law relating to presence or residence abroad, are generally exempt from taxation by other governments. In the absence of exemption, in most cases tax paid will be reimbursed in accordance with an ILO document which will be supplied upon request.
While the successful candidate will be initially working in Dhaka, he/she may be assigned to any duty station designated by the Director-General of the ILO.
|Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form.|
To apply, please visit ILO's e-Recruitment website at: erecruit.ilo.org. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
|The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account - @ilo.org - should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.|
Depending on the location and availability of candidates, assessors and interview panel members, the ILO may use communication technologies such as Skype, Video or teleconference, e-mail, etc for the assessment and evaluation of candidates at the different stages of the recruitment process, including assessment centres, technical tests or interviews.
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Now we have an open position of Desktop Engineer on long-term project for the Multinational Consulting Company, with location in Belgium...
MATOKEO YA KIDATO CHA NNE (CSEE) 2011 LINK1 MATOKEO YA KIDATO CHA NNE (CSEE) 2011 LINK2 MATOKEO YA KIDATO...
Снятие верхнего жгутового покрова кабеля вручную, резка кабеля, изготовление мелких деталей крепления и прокладок, установка деталей. Монт...
The Lifelong Learning Platform (LLL-P) is an umbrella organisation that gathers 40 European organisations and networks active in the fiel...
Lawyer Business Law / International Contracts Missions: Write all types of contracts such as special and general conditions of ...
COMPANY DESCRIPTION This is a great opportunity to join a growing company which provides professional services to its clients. The com...
The Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) announces up to 8 vacancies for undergraduate students to work in a lab at the CNIO over...
Programme Manager: Horn of Africa Project The objective of the European Institute of Peace (EIP) is to contribute to and complement the ...
As the Events & Marketing Intern at AmCham Belgium, starting April 18, 2017, you will assist in all aspects of event organization. ...
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is looking for a Technical Specialist Road Headers You’re a road warrior, with the technical insi...
Accountant ACDI/VOCA ACTED Action Against Hunger ActionAid ADB African Development Bank ADB Asian Development Bank Administrative Administrative Assistant Advisor Afdb African Development Bank Afghanistan afr Africa Development Bank Africa Nazarene University Africa Union African Barrick Gold Africare AfricaRice Aga Khan University Agricultural Airtel Jobs Algeria American Embassy American Bar Association American Red Cross Amnesty Amnesty International Amref AngloGold Ashanti Angola Argentina ASIA DEVELOPMENT BANK ASIA JOBS Asian Development Bank AdB AU AFRICAN UNION Auditor Australia Austria Aviation Jobs BA British Airways Bank for International Settlements BANK JOBS BANK OF RWANDA Bank of Tanzania Barclays Bank Barrick Gold BBC WORLD SERVICE Belgian Development Agency Belgium Brussels BiRD Bureau for Institutional Reform and Democracy Botswana Brazil British Council British Red Cross Burkina Faso Burundi CANADA Cardno Care International Carter Center Catholic Relief Services Chad CHAI Clinton Health Access Initiative Chemonics International Chevron ChildFund International Chile CHINA Christian Aid CIMMYT International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center Civil Engineers Climate Change Coca-Cola Company Coffey International COMESA Commonwealth Communications Officer Community Development Congo Conservation International Consultancy COOPI Côte d'Ivoire Crown Agents Group Danish Refugee Council (DRC) DataBase Management Dell Deloitte Denmark DFID DHL Diageo Director DRC Democratic Republic of the Congo DRIVER EAC EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY EAST AFRICA COMMUNITY Economist ECOWAS Education Egerton University EGPAF Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation EGYPT Electrical Engineer Electrical Engineering Embassy Jobs EMBL - European Molecular Biology Laboratory Energy Careers EngenderHealth Engineering England Environmental Ethiopia Etihad Airways EU Delegation European Union Jobs Family Health International Fao Food and Agriculture Organization FHI360 Fiji FINANCE Finance and Administration Finca Finland Ford Foundation France Freedom House Futures Group Geita Gold Mine GEOLOGIST Germany Ghana Goal Ireland Gold Fields Goldfields Google Jobs Governance Greenpeace Guatemala Haiti HANDICAP INTERNATIONAL Health and Medical HEALTH JOBS HelpAge International Honduras HOTEL JOBS Huawei Human Resources Human Rights Human Rights Watch I-TECH IAEA International Atomic Energy Agency IATA Air Transport Association IAVI International AIDS Vaccine Initiative IBM Software Group ICAP ICC International Criminal Court ICT JOBS IFAD International Fund for Agricultural Development IFC International Finance Corporation IGAD region IITA International Institute of Tropical Agriculture ILO International Labour Organization ILRI International Livestock Research Institute IMF International Monetary Fund Indonesia Industrial Insurance Inter-American Development Bank International AIDS Society International Alert International Criminal Court INTERNATIONAL GRAINS COUNCIL International Potato Center (CIP) International Rescue Committee Internews Europe INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES Internships INTERPOL IntraHealth IOM International Organization for Migration Iraq IRC International Rescue Committee IRCT International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims Islamic development bank Islamic Relief Israel Italy ITU International Telecommunications Union IUCN The International Union for Conservation IWMI International Water Management Institute J/P HRO Japan Jhpiego JOB IN INDIA Jobs in India JOBS IN RWANDA Jordan KCB Kenya Commercial Bank Kenya Airways Kenyatta University Korea KPMG Kuwait Latin America Lecturer LEGAL JOBS Lesotho Liberia LIBRARIAN Libya Logistics LWR Lutheran World Relief Maersk Makerere University Malaria Consortium Malawi Malaysia Mali Management Systems International (MSI) MANAGERS Marie Stopes International Marketing MCC Millennium Challenge Corporation Mechanical Engineer Médecins Sans Frontières MEDIA JOBS Mekong River Commission Mercy Corps Mexico Microsoft Middle East Jobs MINING Moi University Mombasa Monitoring and Evaluation Manager Mozambique Msh Management Sciences for Health MTN Group Myanmar Namibia National University of Rwanda NATO Nederland NEPAD Netherlands New Zealand NGO JOBS Nigeria Nokia Norway Norwegian Refugee Council OCHA UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs Office Attendants Oikocredit Oil and Gas OPEC Open Society Foundations Operations Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe Oxfam Pact International PAHO Pan American Health Organization Pakistan Pan American Health Organization Panama Path International Pathfinder International Peace Corps Peru PHILIPPINES Plan International Poland Presbyterian University of East Africa Procurement Progressio Psi Population Services International Public Relation Puma Energy PwC PricewaterhouseCoopers Qatar Quality Assurance RECEPTIONISTS RECORDS MANAGEMENT Red Cross Jobs Republic of Kenya Researcher Restless Development Revenue Watch Institute Rio Tinto Room to Read Russia SABMiller SADC SAFARICOM JOBS SALES Sales and Marketing Saudi Arabia Save The Children Scholarships SECRETARY SECURITY JOBS Senegal Shell Group Shelter For Life Sierra Leone Sightsavers International Singapore SNV International Software Engineering SOKOINE UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE Solidarités International somalia Sony Ericsson South Africa South America South Sudan Jobs Spain SPC Secretariat of the pacific community Sri Lanka sSierra Leone Standard Bank Group STATISTICIAN Stores SUPPLIES OFFICER Survey Swaziland Sweden Switzerland TANESCO Tanzania Tanzania Investment Bank Teaching TECHNICIANS Technoserve TELECOM JOBS Tender Tetra Tech ARD Thailand The Commonwealth The European Chemicals Agency Tigo Timor Leste Togo Tourism Tourism and Hospitality Toyota Transparency International (TI) Trócaire Tunisia Turkey UGANDA JOBS UK United KingDom UNAIDS UNDP UNESCO UNFPA UNICEF Unilever Careers United Arab Emirates United Nations Jobs United States Of America UNIVERSITY University of Cambridge University of Edinburgh University of Ghana University of Nairobi University of Oxford University of Pretoria University of Swaziland Unwomen US Embassy USAID Utumishi Jobs Vodacom Vodafone Group Volunteers VSO War Child International WaterAid International Web Development WEST AFRICA JOBS Western Union Company Wetlands InternationaL WFP World Food Programme Winrock International World Bank Jobs World Food Programme World Health Organization World Society for the Protection of Animals World Vision Jobs WorldFish Center WWF International Yahoo Yemen Zambia Zanzibar Zimbabwe