The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking for its Projects Directorate – Environment, Climate and Social Office (ECSO) at its headquarters in Luxembourg INTERN.
Duration: 5 months with possible extension up to 6 months if required by University (fixed start date: 1stFebruary 2016).
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered.
Objective of the traineeship
The traineeship is expected to support the social development team of EIB’s Environment, Climate and Social Office (ECSO) across both operational and policy/procedural aspects of social due diligence and social development work streams pursued.
Under the supervision of the Head of Division and the team’s specialists, the trainee will cater to both operational and policy-oriented needs of the division. His/her main tasks will be:
- Assist the specialists throughout the relevant stages of the project cycle in selective transactions;
- Review the quality of documents required under EIB Social Standards, such as Environmental and Social Impact Assessments and their management plans, Resettlement Policy Frameworks, Resettlement Action Plans, Stakeholder Engagement Plans etc.;
- Support the outsourcing of consultancy services catering for project-based social due diligence, specific social studies and/or the broadening of the institution’s relevant knowledge base and capacity;
- Provide related inputs to on-going assignments on transversal topics, such as conflict, gender, supply chains, etc.;
- Support the revision and/or development of the Bank’s social standards and procedures;
- Participate as an active member in the Social Working Group.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Advanced degree in international development studies, social development policy and practice, anthropology, or other relevant discipline;
- Knowledge of social safeguards and social impact assessment in the context of international development would be desirable;
- Relevant professional experience is not essential, however prior engagement with the tasks to be carried out would be regarded as valuable. Experience in the field of gender equality and women’s empowerment, conflict sensitivity, labour rights, social dimensions of climate change or supply chains would be an advantage. The total duration of candidates’ professional experience following the award of their most recent academic qualification ought not to exceed twelve (12) months;
- Excellent English language skills are required. Additional knowledge of French language would be an advantage;
- Good to advanced knowledge of MS Office software, in particular Excel and Word.
- Strong organisational skills with capability to plan, to organise, prioritise and to anticipate potential issues;
- Proactive, dynamic, self-starter, with ability to manage one’s workload independently;
- Flexibility and reliability, results orientation;
- Excellent analytical skills with a practical approach to problem solving;
- Ability to operate in international environments;
- Good interpersonal skills, strong team player;
- Good communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to write project/policy documents in English would be an advantage.
For more details and to apply, please go to https://erecruitment.eib.org.
Please note that deadline for application is the 04/12/2015.
More information on our EIB Internship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website: http://www.eib.org/about/jobs/student-jobs/index.htm.