Under the supervision of the Supply Chain Coordinator, this position will oversee warehousing, fleet, assets and facility contracting and maintenance aspects of supply chain for programs in Mytilene, Greece. The Supply Chain Manager will provide technical oversight, management and capacity building for these logistics functions in Mytilene with frequent travel to field sites.
Office maintenance and Procurement:
- Properly organize the office to meet department needs.
- Ensure any IRC properties are regularly cleaned and maintained correctly including servicing, repairs and installations.
- Ensure any procurement done follows policy as implemented by the Procurement Manager and Supply Chain Coordinator
- Work with the Supply Chain Coordinator to design a suitable staffed and equipped transport function to support the IRC’s vehicle operations and policies
- Ensure a movement tracking system is in place and maintained.
- Ensure a driver coordination system is in place and maintained.
- Ensure that systems are in place to account for transported goods.
- Prepare monthly reports on Fuel Usage, Mileage and Spares Expenditures by vehicle for review, general reporting and analysis for continuous improvement.
- Implement and direct IRC standard vehicle policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues
- Supervise Fleet Officer to ensure vehicle policy is followed and all aspects implemented
- Serve as focal point for vehicle rental contracted supplier and issue Purchase Orders for vehicle rentals per program and administration department needs.
- Coordinate the Warehouse and Fleet Officers to ensure all trucking needs are planned efficiently and met to minimize costs.
- Perform regular checks to ensure that the commodity tracking system is adhered to by the Warehouse Officer and perform periodic spot-checks
- Plan for and supervise quarterly stock inventories and ensure that effective stock keeping system is in place.
- Assist programs to install reliable warehouse systems dedicated to programs.
- Train warehouse staff as required in managing and documenting the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Finalize monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances to submit to the SCC.
- Maintain records/authorizations for warehouse staff designated to receive and release goods.
- Ensure proper tracking of all IRC assets in Mytilene
- Accountable for proper management of the assets released from storage.
- Accountable for proper tracking of assets using Equipment Issue / Receipt forms.
- Ensure quarterly physical check of assets and submission of asset reports from the Supply Chain Manager for review.
- Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff
- Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled; support the recruitment of all supply chain staff and provide day to day supervision of the supply chain department
- Provide feedback through regular performance evaluations
- Ensure that any staff discipline follows a progressive methodology, which provides for clear and structured improvement
- Develop long term plan for continued quality leadership by providing staff development and succession plans
Training & Outreach:
- Support the SCC in providing training on Warehousing, Fleet and Assets to all Supply and other staff
- Travel to provide technical support to field offices
- Degree or professional certification in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or related field strongly preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience managing a large multi-site Supply Chain operation, preferably within an INGO setting
- Demonstrated excellence in training and capacity-building of specialist and non-specialist staff in Supply Chain Management
- Ability to write narrative and analytical spread sheet reports.
- Proven computer literacy in MS-Word, MS-Excel MS-Access and related programs required.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to put in extra hours as required.
- Willingness to travel to the field.
- Systems oriented individual.
- Good team player.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken; Greek an advantage.
- Willingness to travel to field sites
Applications should be submitted to IRC at IRCGreece.Jobs@rescue.org
Please indicate the job title in the subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.