The Balochistan Partnerships for Sustainable Development Programme (BPSD), which is an Embassy of Kingdom of Royal Netherlands (EKN) funded programme, aims to promote sustained ecological and human well-being in Balochistan with the following programme objectives: to promote sound environmental governance at district levels and facilitate policy links between national, provincial and district levels; to facilitate integrated water, coastal and marine resource management; to enhance capacity of relevant stakeholders. IUCN is searching for self motivated professionals who possess a proven track record of meeting challenges through a proactive approach.
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating all project administrative, finance and secretarial functions for the BPSD ensuring smooth processing of all payments and maintenance of records in compliance with the policies.
Duty Station: BPSD District Office, Uthal, Lasbella.
- Provide secretarial support including typing, faxing, mailing, filing and handling correspondence;
- Handle the reception duties, visitors and telephone related matters;
- Ensure adequate supply of stationery for staff, its distribution and inventory of stocks;
- Ensure daily cleanliness of office rooms and upkeep of premises;
- Administer security related functions in project related premises/locations;
- Arrange logistics/travel related matters;
- Supervise the repairs and maintenance of vehicles;
- Maintenance of office equipment and premises such as fax machine/photocopier/telephone exchange and computer; record of courier receipts;
- Maintain project assets inventory;
- Maintain attendance and leave records;
- Supervise of support staff: drivers, office helpers and chowkidars/check overtime claims of support staff before District Coordinator signs them;
- Ensure arraignments of necessary facilities for holding meetings/workshops etc;
- Support the professional staff in composing, formatting and circulating technical reports;
- Handle field level financial matters, i.e. petty cash/bank transactions;
- Ensure effective and efficient administrative services are available;
- Liaison with Finance & Admin at IUCNP Quetta Office and administrative, secretarial and BPSD Project staff for work;
- Carry out any other relevant tasks as required by and mutually agreed with the line manager(s).
- Graduate or equivalent level qualification with at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of basic administrative and financial practices and procedures is essential
- Ability to independently handle correspondence and office communications using MS Office (word, excel, power point)
- Self-driven personality with credibility and aptitude & ability for problem solving and decision making
- A well organised personality with good inter-personnel skills, ability to deliver under pressure, multi tasking and possess emotional stability
- Knowledge of local languages, culture and conditions
- Well versed in written and spoken English/ Urdu
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST).
Other job opportunities are published in the IUCN website: http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/
IUCN, the International Union for Conservation of Nature, was founded in 1948 and brings together over 1,100 members (States, government agencies, NGOs and affiliates) and some 11,000 scientists and experts from 181 countries in a unique worldwide partnership. Its mission is to influence, encourage and assist societies throughout the world to conserve the integrity and diversity of nature and to ensure that any use of natural resources is equitable and ecologically sustainable. Within the framework of global conventions IUCN has helped over 75 countries to prepare and implement national conservation and biodiversity strategies. IUCN has approximately 1,100 staff, most of whom are located in its regional and country offices while some 150 work at its Headquarters in Gland, Switzerland. IUCN is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men.