- Position N°: NA
- Reference: ADB/11/171
- Publication date: 11/10/2011
- Closing date: 11/11/2011
The incumbent a critical part of the management and control of administrative and capital expenditures of the Bank Group, is primarily responsible for the delivery of timely and efficient payment processing services. Such responsibility also includes the exercise of effective controls over administrative and capital expenditure payment requests to not only safeguard the assets of the Bank, but also contribute to the efficient implementation of the administrative and capital budgets of the Bank Group and of various multilateral and bilateral grants
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervise staff of the Division to ensure that payments are made promptly and accurately
- Establish procedures and controls to improve efficiency of service identify cost savings and promote efficient use of Bank resources.
- Provide guidance on accounting treatment and classifications of financial transactions.
- Implement control procedures to safeguard resources of the Bank Group and Grants to detect exceptions in a timely manner.
- Approve transfers of funds to replenish bank accounts of field offices and ensure the complete and proper accounting for such funds.
- Provide oversight control of various petty cash / imprest funds.
- Improve customer service orientation of staff of the Division and ensure provision of efficient services to clients
- Participate in the review and formulation of relevant accounting procedures, policies and practices
- Continuously review the relevant business processes and practices, with a view to identifying, advising management and ultimately implementing opportunities for improvements and cost savings.
- Participate in Finance Complex Working Groups on Asset and Liability management issues.
- Coordinate External auditors’ work on administrative expenses.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Applicants should hold a minimum of a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Audit or Business Administration, and an internationally recognized professionally accounting qualification e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA or Expert Comptable.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience including an international financial organization and covering provision of services to customers and business process innovation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language
- Proficiency in the use of SAP and other standard software such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (certification in the FI module of SAP will be an advantage)
- Strong managerial skills including ability to coordinate the work of the Division and motivate team members.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Good analytical skills; able to propose measures aimed at cost savings and efficiency.
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.