International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps' Early Childhood Development and Protection project will focus on improving early childhood development by strengthening existing networks and ties within families and communities in the most vulnerable areas of Gaza.
Under the direction of the Director, Health Technical Unit, the ECD Specialist will provide technical support to International Medical Corps’ ECD program in Gaza.
• Provide technical support to International Medical Corps’ ECD program in Gaza, including program design, monitoring and evaluation, providing input into and review of reports and proposals, etc.;
• Develop/Adapt ECD training and education materials for Gaza program and provide technical oversight
• Perform site visits to assist with start-up of ECD program as well as provide monitoring and backstopping throughout the project;
• Establish and maintain monitoring system to track International Medical Corps’ progress in its ECD program;
• Conduct trainings to build ECD capacity of field staff at International Medical Corps and in partner agencies;
• Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Must have previous experience (3+ years) managing an ECD program at field level, preferably in a relief setting;
• Must have an advanced degree, preferably in a related field such as social work, psychology, etc.;
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders around the world via a range of methods – face to face, e-mail, phone, instant message, etc.
• Fluency in spoken and written English language necessary; preferred proficiency in another language such as French or Arabic;
• Ability to speak Arabic a plus
• Special considerations: Travel, work hours, physical requirements
HOW TO APPLY
To officially begin the application process, please visit our website at http://www.internationalmedicalcorps.org and go to our “Careers” page. Find your desired position, click on the position title and complete the application at the bottom of the job description.