- Position N°: 0509
- Reference: ADB/11/167
- Publication date: 14/10/2011
- Closing date: 10/11/2011
This position is established within the Division of Protocol and Services to Elected Officers. The main objectives are to give guidance on financial transactions, coordinate activities related to the administrative budget of Elected Officers, assist the Executive Directors’ offices in managing their budgets, and give advice and information to Elected Officers for better management of these budgets.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, SEGL.2, and under the general supervision of the Head of the Elected Officers Services Section, the Finance Officer will carry out the following duties :
- Discharge the function of financial control within the division and ensure the adequacy of internal control thereof;
- Monitor accounts on a regular basis, making the necessary corrections and ensuring the accurate registration of all operations;
- Manage the processing of Elected Officers’ mission claims, requests of reimbursement for representation and education expenses, bills of service providers, etc.;
- Process payments related to the Boards of Governors and their subsidiary bodies, payments to the Bank’s Special Guests and Alternate Executive Directors;
- Act as a focal point for the administration of Elected Officers expenses, and ensure coordination with the various EDs’ offices; consolidating data at the end of the financial year and make provisions for charges to be paid;
- Act as a focal point for the administration of Elected Officers’ budget, validating budget expenditure items, ensuring coordination with various ED’s offices, and collecting information needed for the preparation of the administrative budget;
- Analyze the conditions of service of Elected Officers so as to determine their entitlements when assuming duty or at the end of their term in office ; ensure the payments of entitlements in coordination with CHRM, FFCO and CGSP ;
- Ensure the reconciliation of Elected Officers’ accounts, making sure that all accounts payable are registered, undertake the calculation and payment of Elected Officers’ entitlements at the end of their term in office;
- Ensure coordination between EDs’ offices and FFCO, CGSP and CHRM as regards internal control and management of Elected Officers’ benefits;
- Undertake any other duty that may be assigned by the Supervisor or the Secretary General.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least, a Master’s degree in finance, accounting, auditing, management or any other related field. Professional qualifications in one of the abovementioned subjects would be an advantage;
- At least four (4) years of practical experience, preferably in an institution of international repute;
- Proven abilities in accounting procedures and budgeting, and a good knowledge of the Bank’s financial regulations;
- Ability to work in a team, analytical skills, sense of confidentiality, and excellent communication skills;
- Good command of the Bank’s standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and especially SAP;
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in French and/or in English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.