Position Finance Manager
About RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian organization that transforms adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Innovatively, RI bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for overseeing all Administrative and Financial systems and operations of the Yemen Country Program. Particularly, the Finance Manager will be responsible for accounting and documenting all financial transactions for the country program. He/she will also be responsible for ensuring that all RI accounting procedures are followed and budgets are adhered to; that cash is controlled, accounted in a timely manner in accordance with RI, donor and audit requirements; ensures accurate cost allocation to multiple projects.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: • Works closely with the Country Director and other program staff to implement, improve and maintain administrative and financial management policies, systems, structures, and procedures.
• Ensures the smooth day-to-day running of the finance office through supervision/management of the local Finance Officers.
• Ensures that cash is controlled, accounted in an accurate timely manner in accordance with RI, donor and audit requirements;
• Ensures accurate cost allocation to multiple projects
• Conducts training sessions for Yemen finance staff in QBs, field accounting and procurements procedures.
• Plans and supervises work of the Yemen finance and admin staff including tracking and monitoring of procurements and expenditures, maintains an office purchasing, inventory, and requisition system.
• Coordinates compiling of monthly financial reports including in-kind commodity income and disbursements for submission to the International Finance Controller and Yemen Country Director.
• Works closely with the Yemen Country Director and Program Managers to monitor the project budget.
• Assists project coordinators in ensuring compliance with RI procurements and field accounting policies and procedures, compliance with donor agreement and audit requirements.
• Works closely with project coordinators over the project implementation planning and cash flow projections.
• Prepares donor reports.
• Prepares budget revision in close coordination with Project Managers when necessary.
• Makes sure that financial records and backup documentation is ready for internal and external audits.
• Works closely with Internal and External Auditors.
• Other tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS: This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
• B.A. or master degree in accounting, business management, NGO management, or similar.
• A minimum of 7 years experience in finance supervisor position preferably with non–profit agencies. US and EC government funded grants financial and administrative management experience is a preference.
• Previous experience in Yemen or Middle East is desirable.
• The candidate must be detail-oriented and able to work independently. Strong knowledge of QBs Pro and SUN accounting software is required.
• Excellent command of English is a must.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
Application Procedure: Please submit a resume, cover letter, salary history, 3 professional references (e-mail, address and phone number), and date of availability to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include the following: Finance Manager (Yemen). We will carefully review your materials and contact you if we would like to set up an interview.