The IMF's Office of Technical Assistance Management (OTM) is seeking a Technical Assistance Officer (Contractual) for its headquarters in Washington, D.C. As part of its strategy to strengthen its partnerships with development partners, the IMF is opening new regional technical assistance centers and establishing topical trust funds. OTM's mission is to coordinate fundraising and to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Fund Technical Assistance (TA) to member countries.
The Technical Assistance Officer maintains donor relations, raises funds, and assists in formulating and coordinating the execution of externally-financed TA projects and the development of Fund-wide TA policies and guidelines. He/she will manage several donor subaccounts, participating in the preparation and negotiation of new TA agreements with donors, monitoring their implementation in close coordination with TA departments, and reporting to donors on the execution of agreements and use of their funds. He/she will assist in formulating and implementing Fund-wide TA-policies and guidelines, and contribute to the dissemination of information on the Fund's TA activities.
The successful candidate will have:
- An advanced degree in economics or a related field.
- Extensive experience in fundraising and TA project management. Work experience with a donor agency would be highly desirable.
- Excellent communications, diplomatic, and negotiating skills and the ability to be effective as part of a team.
- Solid knowledge of accounting, statistics, finance, with extensive experience in business reporting.
- Fluency and strong drafting skills in English. Additional languages would be a plus.