- The Stimson Center
- United States (Washington, DC)
- (202) 223-5956
- Apply online:
- Click here to apply online for this position >>
Description:This position is designed to support two related research projects in the areas of Environmental Security and Southwest Asia through research, analysis, and administration of project activities.
Duties: Essential Functions
- Implement certain components of research/ projects that advance knowledge, debate and policy-making in specified areas of national/international security; Conduct, assess, and summarize research using diverse sources
- Develop and author original research and written materials including occasional papers, commentaries, reports, articles and issue briefs to disseminate research findings and advocate policy direction
- Participate in project strategic planning; Evaluate and suggest new areas or components to research that advance the goals and objectives of the project
- Track news developments, monitor and evaluate emerging issues in the field of study and report key information
- Summarize meeting notes, action items, and/or decisions; assess and report applicability to project work
- Manage logistics for meetings, press conferences, seminars and other special events
- Maintain project web-site and listserv
- Proofread and copy-edit project publications
- Coordinate media outreach plans; draft written correspondence such as issue briefings, press releases, and articles for the web, effective use of technical resources for outreach and information gathering
- Assist with prospective funder research and preparation of funding proposals and follow-up reports The above specified tasks may not be the only duties assigned. Employees will be required to carry out any other job-related instructions requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
Qualification:Required: Master's degree or Bachelor's degree in related field with 2 years relevant experience in two of the following areas: Environmental Policy/Environmental Security, International Relations/Political Science; Middle East/Regional Studies.
Desired: Strong interest in Middle East studies, International Environment. Arabic language skills a plus.
To Apply, please go to http://stimson.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-196307.html and click "Apply Now."