VACANCY NOTICE N° 11/84/OLA
INTERPOL is the world’s largest international police organization, with 188 member countries. Created in 1923, it facilitates cross-border police co-operation, and supports and assists all organizations, authorities, and services whose mission is to prevent or combat international crime. INTERPOL is now looking for a qualified candidate to join its Office of Legal Affairs, as Administrative Attaché(e).
|Job Title:||Administrative Attaché(e) (Smart Project)|
|Directorate:||Office of Legal Affairs|
|Location:||General secretariat, Lyon*, France|
|Duration:||6 months Short-term contract on a 50% working basis|
|Deadline for applications:||20 October 2011|
The incumbent will provide, under the responsibility of the hierarchy the overall follow-up related to the preparation of specific projects/files/activities. The incumbent will also provide daily administrative and secretarial assistance to the hierarchy and deal with day-to-day administrative matters concerning the Office of legal Affairs.
The Administrative attaché will carry out the following tasks:
1. Monitor, under the responsibility of the hierarchy, the overall preparation of specific projects/files/activities and alert him/her regarding all files that are not in compliance with the established time schedule and deadlines. Provide regular follow-up and report to the hierarchy regarding the implementation of the specific files/projects/activities;
2. Perform secretarial duties and provide administrative assistance for the hierarchy by ensuring the efficient preparation and administration of the correspondence and documentation needed for its daily work;
3. Log in, treat, trace, and file all incoming and outgoing mail in the Sub-Directorate/Manager’s office and disseminate correspondence as appropriate. Follow-up with the Cabinet, Directorates and Sub-Directorates to ensure that action is taken in a timely and effective manner;
4. Manage secretarial relations with the Directorates/Cabinet of the Secretary General, check the form, presentation and spelling of all outgoing correspondence, requesting hierarchical review, and ensure this correspondence is addressed in a timely manner;
5. Performs other duties as required by the hierarchy.
All candidates will be assessed on the under mentioned requirements.
• Bilingual (English-French) administrative/secretarial qualification or equivalent training or experience
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in administrative/secretarial posts or other relevant beneficial experience to the position
• Advanced level in the use of office software
• Professional fluency in English and French
In addition to the requirements, the following Assets and Special Aptitudes would be beneficial.
• Additional administrative/secretarial training;
• Working knowledge an INTERPOL’s third language (Arabic or Spanish);
• Prior experience in an international organization.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
• Ability to write in a clear and concise manner;
• Ability to cope with sudden increases in workload and high degree of availability (may be required to work overtime or outside normal working hours);
• Accuracy and diplomacy;
• Ability to work in team and to maintain good relations with members of the General Secretariat
• Ability to react quickly and adapt to changing circumstances
• Self-initiator, motivated, discretion, diplomacy, tact, rigor and sense of confidentiality;
• Attention to detail and organizational skills
• Smart appearance
• Sense of initiative and willingness to learn.
• Remuneration for appointment on contract: The starting salary for Grade 7 on a 50% basis is EUR 1206€ per month for a step 1.
• The successful candidate may be offered appointment on a higher step depending upon professional background and experience. For more information regarding conditions of service see Employment conditions for contracted officials available on the website (www.interpol.int).
• The duration of a fifty per cent part time working week is 18 hours and 45 minutes;
• The incumbent will also be required to work occasional overtime based upon workload and when circumstances so require, he/she may be required to go on mission to provide administrative assistance during a conference.
* The Organization plans to establish a Global Complex in Singapore at the end of 2013. Although no decisions have been made at this time as to which posts will be transferred to Singapore, acceptance of the post implies acceptance of a transfer to Singapore.