INTERPOL is the world’s largest international police organization, with 188 Member States. Created in 1923, it facilitates cross-border police co-operation, and supports and assists all organizations, authorities, and services whose mission is to prevent or combat international crime. INTERPOL is now looking for a qualified candidate to serve as an Assistant Director within the Executive Office which is part of INTERPOL Global Complex for Innovation.
Appendum: Conditions of secondment
The Assistant Director works under the direct supervision and guidance of the Executive Director for the INTERPOL Global Complex for Innovation.
• Assist ED IGCI in the planning, coordination and prioritization of activities pertaining to operational, organizational and administrative nature in the Executive Directorate.
2. Managing the ED IGCI Executive Office within the established guidelines and planning:
• Supervise the Executive Office in their day-to-day activities, including, but not limited to, the setting of priorities, establishing deadlines, monitoring progress on assigned tasks, providing input on performance evaluations, etc
3. Representing ED IGCI in internal and external meetings:
• Accompany ED IGCI or participate on behalf of ED IGCI, in internal and external meetings to ensure that important issues or decisions are followed up.
4. Managing projects in the IGCI Executive Directorate:
• Monitor all the projects managed by ED IGCI. He/she will establish and maintain a tracking system to capture and monitor the status of all projects handled by ED IGCI managers and keep ED IGCI informed of the progress and bring to his/her attention any matters of significance.
5. Performing any other duties as may be directed by the ED IGC.
All candidates will be assessed on the under mentioned requirements.
• This post is to be filled on the basis of a secondment.
* The Organization plans to establish The INTERPOL Global Complex For Innovation in Singapore at the end of 2013 and this position will be transferred to Singapore. Thus, an acceptance of the post implies acceptance of a forthcoming transfer to Singapore.
[ Apply ]
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS AND ADMINISTRATION - DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS AND ADMINISTRATION Deadline: 1 July 2013 Location: Kampala, Uganda Duration of contract: One year, renewable BACKGROUND The East and Hor...
8 hours ago